I love eggs, but can't eat them due to digestive issues. :(
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Eggs are not bad...I just don't like them
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Eggs are high in protein and nutrients. Eat it all, the egg whites only thing is silly.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs (always whole) and include them in recipies and I am healthy as I can be and I lose weigth. And I have a very low cholesterol.
    Sunday and Saturdays morning I would always have 2 eggs cooked in one way or another, with a bunch of other stuff and they keep me full for my week-end activities.

They are a great food and I don't see why anyone wouldn't eat them. Except people with medical conditions that involve egg issues.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i eat four eggs a day and have no issues..blood work always comes back near perfect at my annual physical.

end thread/
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Eggs are pretty much a perfect food. I eat at least 3 a day.
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    We go through about 3 dozen a week for the 2 of us. A combination off egg whites and full eggs. Love them! Always free range too.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eggs along with every other food in the world is good for you in moderation. And considering it's a source of GOOD cholesterol I highly recommend eating them (whole not just the whites).
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Also how about egg whites? Egg beaters? I want to know since I like to eat egg whites or beaters, whatever I have around, but some people say that I should eat the whole egg. What bothers me is that they are 60% fat, and loaded with cholesterol...
    Can you explain why fat is bad and why cholesterol is bad?
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've actually always preferred egg whites over yolks, but I try to include some yolks because that's where most of the nutrition is. I usually have 1-2 eggs and, if I want more protein for less fat/calories (I don't have a low-fat diet, but too much fat bothers my stomach), I'll include as many egg whites (100% egg whites from a container so I don't waste yolks) as I'd like.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Two whole eggs every morning for breakfast! SOOO Good!!
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i eat four eggs a day and have no issues..blood work always comes back near perfect at my annual physical.

end thread/

You should also consider that most diet-related diseases manifest themselves later in life for most people. Heart disease is our #1 killer and most people don't suffer noticeably from it at a young age.

My point is that you seem to be relatively young, and your health at a young age is not necessarily an indicator of what it could be later in life.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

end thread/

You should also consider that most diet-related diseases manifest themselves later in life for most people. Heart disease is our #1 killer and most people don't suffer noticeably from it at a young age.

My point is that you seem to be relatively young, and your health at a young age is not necessarily an indicator of what it could be later in life.

I suppose…however, I have been eating eggs like this for a few years now ..and I get my cholesterol and other blood levels checked once a year and it keeps coming back in the near "perfect" area..I would think if something were wrong that it would start to show up on said blood work ….
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options

end thread/

Yes and some diseases that manifest themselves later in life are dependent on what are genetically predisposed to.

You are claiming dietary cholesterol is bad for us and unnecessary so i ask you to present all your supporting evidence on the subject. Not a random article or some writings regurgitating outdated ideologies from the 80's.

One thing that is not supporting evidence of what we know is not the amount of weight we lost. Many people around here have lost plenty of weight. I see you've lost a great amount of weight but that doesn't mean your beliefs are automatically correct.

I didn't make that claim, so I don't feel the need to prove it to you. If you're really interested, you can check out this resource citing studies on disease markers, though:

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/dxmarkers

What I did say is that feeling healthy at a young age does not mean you will be healthy at an old age. Not everyone who succumbs to heart disease, diabetes and etc are overweight or obese, although there is a relationship between the two.
    I suppose…however, I have been eating eggs like this for a few years now ..and I get my cholesterol and other blood levels checked once a year and it keeps coming back in the near "perfect" area..I would think if something were wrong that it would start to show up on said blood work ….

I felt just fine when I weighed over 360 pounds, I never got sick and felt like I was in good health... I was obese for over a decade.

One day I started getting chest pain under exertion, then I started getting chest pains completely at rest. Then they became severe. That's when I knew I was dying and I had to change. Yes, I was fat, but I think that mostly means I had the good fortune of discovering the damage of my lifestyle while I was still young.

Believe what you guys are going to believe. We all know I'm not going to convince you no matter how compelling my arguments and I am not interested in wasting my time. Just understand that being and feeling healthy now does not mean you will be and feel healthy in your 50's and 60's. Maybe you will, and I hope you do, but our food system is very broken and it literally kills people.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options

end thread/

The longest lived people on the planet eat eggs and some eat a lot of them along with variety of animal proteins and fats.......that's about as good as it gets as far as proof of longevity is concerned. Ask a vegan to supply proof when comparing a whole food non vegan diet to vegan then we'd have some comparison as opposed to comparing it to the SAD.
  • successrevenge
    successrevenge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eggs are the perfect food and have a bad reputation for nothing.