Postnatal Group - December 2010

Options

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today - same as last week. Grrrrr.......I guess I'm on the same bandwagon as everyone else. Don't gain during the holidays! Plus to be honest, I'm not working out as much right now. Too busy and it's WAY too cold to run outside. If I get 2 workouts in a week I'm good. That's ok with me because after the new year I'll have lots of time. I gave my work notice the other day and my last day of work is the 30th. YEAH! I get to stay home with my little peanut. :happy:
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel Shopping Queen I havent lost anything in over a week :( It does suck i know but I think I am just eating too few calories!! maybe that is your problem!! Good luck!!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I know how you feel Shopping Queen I havent lost anything in over a week :( It does suck i know but I think I am just eating too few calories!! maybe that is your problem!! Good luck!!

Nope, just eating to many oreos. :laugh:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies so I weighed in this morning and i didnt see a loss. I am exactly the same weight as last week!! :( This is very discouraging!! I have been eating waaaay below my daily goal of calories and working out atleast 30 mins a day!! I am going to try to increase my calories atleast to 1000 so maybe that will help me shed a few pounds!! I am starting to get nervous that I might not hit my 5lb goal by christmas :( Any advice ladies? also I am really stressed with school right now...(Finals are this and next week) any healthysnacks for brain power!? LOL

If you eat too few calories it can slow your matabolism down and cause you to not lose weight. MFP already calculates how many calories you need to eat in order to lose weight, so I would recommend not going much lower than that recommendation AND eat your exercise calories! Otherwise, you are putting yourself in starvation mode. I've attached some articles I highly recommend you read:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Man o man ladies, why all the sad faces! You should be happy that you haven't gained weight! And it sounds like it's only been a week for most of you, so that's nothing to worry about. There will be many weeks of no losses as your body adjusts itself, etc. If it turns into months of no losses than you might need to re-evaluate your food/exercise. Cheer up this holiday season gals, lets concentrate on gaining during the holidays and getting good toning workouts in! Cheers?!
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    New mom checking in...my son will be 4 months tomorrow!! I'm down 40 pounds since the day I gave birth and 15 pounds since starting here mid-October. Honestly, I'm feeling great. I don't even mind that I'm not in my PP clothes yet (still have 15-20 pounds to be at my PP weight and 45 more pounds to be at my goal)...

I've decided that once I get down to 150 I will be thinking about TTC again. And this time not gaining 55 pounds!!

This 15 pounds has made a HUGE difference in my body. Everyone comments on my weight loss and I'm getting my shape back and feel great. Even though my stomach will NEVER look good (I got stretch marks from Hell) I really don't mind :)
  • velvetechos
    Options

This 15 pounds has made a HUGE difference in my body. Everyone comments on my weight loss and I'm getting my shape back and feel great. Even though my stomach will NEVER look good (I got stretch marks from Hell) I really don't mind :)

Stretch marks can fade quite a bit if you use a lot of vitamin e and cocoa butter :)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hey ladies, I wanted to invite you all to the "30lb By St Patrick's Day 2011" group as well - it's a motivation/challenge group that will have weekly weigh ins and daily conversation/support. The goal is extremely realistic (I'm still a breastfeeding mommy, so I didn't want to overdo it!) - I hope to see some of you there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/140329-30lbs-by-st-patricks-day-new-motivation-group-12-2010

Not at all trying to hijack this group - I'm still an active participant here as well :) Just double dipping for the motivation!!!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I can join this group.
    I have a 9 month old and need the motivation to lose some weight. haha
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I hope everyone is doing amazing!! I havent been tracking the last couple of days or working out due to a lack of time and stress due to finals. I am starting back however tomorrow. I havent lost anything in my last two weigh ins but i think it is because I havent been eating enough calories, So tomorrow I am going to make sure I eat atleast 1200 cals and work out everyday!! I am planning on doing my laser stretchmark treatments next month and I wanted to lose atleast 10 lbs before that and now I feel like that Isnt going to happen!! good luch ladies!! will weigh in in the morning and update!!
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Well ladies today was my weigh in date...and once again for the third week in a row no change in my weight :( It is definately getting discouraging!!! I hate that I am trying so hard and I'm still not losing weight!!!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Weighed in - still the same. Just as long as I don't gain - I'm good. My lack of exercise could be the culprit. I'm so busy with the holidays and finishing up with work. 9 more working days and then I get to stay home with my sweetpea. :happy:
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Can I join?! My name is Cheree, I have a 2 month old, with the ok to work out now! Luckily with him I only gained 12lbs, and lost it all... But my first child whom is *cough* 6 *cough* YIKES! I still have 80lbs from that pregnancy to lose! LOL
    Just finished nursing school, so I have all the time in the world to work on me until I get a job! Not to mention Im goin to vegas for the first time in march. Nice to meet everyone!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Sorry it's been awhile ... I became a single mom a couple of weeks ago (separation) and life is SO HARD. I've moved in with a friend and her family and with them cooking meals, etc it's hard to keep track of calories. I'm honestly exhausted, and it seems like so much work right now to track everything. I'm working out every once in awhile and trying to not go way over portions. I'll admit that I did just finish a snickers bar though. ;-) *sigh, I really don't want to gain weight because of him ...
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Omg Angela!! I am so sorry that you are going through that. I cant imagine. But I can tell that you are a strong woman and you can get through it!! I will say a prayer that everything works out for you and the little one. Just try to keep your chin up, and remember he isnt worth giving up all your progress and hard work!!
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear that angela!! Keep your head high, I am sure it sounds cheesy, burt everything happens for a reason. :) I hope you have a good holiday, stay strong for your lil one.!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Sorry it's been awhile ... I became a single mom a couple of weeks ago (separation) and life is SO HARD. I've moved in with a friend and her family and with them cooking meals, etc it's hard to keep track of calories. I'm honestly exhausted, and it seems like so much work right now to track everything. I'm working out every once in awhile and trying to not go way over portions. I'll admit that I did just finish a snickers bar though. ;-) *sigh, I really don't want to gain weight because of him ...

Ang! This sucks! I am throwing love and hugs your way. I admire you for being strong and doing this all on your own. Especially because your little peanut is still so tiny. Try to focus on that fact that this is his first holiday season and keep your chin up. Everyone goes through rough patches, just know you will be ok!!:heart::heart:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm here finally!! My son was born 6 days ago. He just came home from the NICU today. He was 8lbs 14oz and I still managed to swell so much I only lost 3.5lbs in the hospital lol.

I'm down 14 or pounds at 6 days postpartum. I gained 35lbs this pregnancy. My goal weight is lower though (some baby weight left from son #1).

My normal nonpregnant weight is 168-170. My goal is 150. Current is 213. :smile:
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Hello ladies!! Today was my weigh in date...and I HAD A LOSS!! 1.5 since last week!!! I finally broke through my plateau!! I was stuck at the same weight for a month!!! Thank goodness I broke through that barrier!!! Good Luck ladies and Merry Christmas!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I love those days you weight less in the afternoon than the morning, because you're losing water weight.

I weighed 211.2lbs, weighed 209.8lbs this afternoon.

I'm pretty busy (a newborn, 13 month old, and 27 month old will do that to you) so having no trouble (yet) staying under my 1490 calorie goal (moved from maintenance to lose 1.5lbs/week once I had baby).