Need support- Need to lose 15 pounds

Options
Hi lovely people,

I am kind of sad and excited at the same time. Over the past year I gained 15 pounds that I really need to get rid of before a trip.

I'm wondering if anyone else is out there that needs to shed 15 pounds in a 2 month period time.

please let me know

Replies

• ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sit ups - 10 LBS barbell & plenty of water :)
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's almost 2 lbs a week - that's pretty hard to get that kind of calorie deficit going. MFP should be able to help you determine your requirements in general in the Goals section. It can totally be done, especially if a lot of it is water weight. Good luck!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It has taken me near 7 months for my halfway point (14kg lost 14 to go) *goal 60*...
    15 pounds (6kg) in two months is less than a kilo a week though it is still about almost two pounds a week, 0.8kg. Roughly. Not impossible but will take discipline. A difficult but not necessarily risky goal. Personally I portion my foods rather than avoiding foods. Constant logging and light or more exercise and you're bound to get there.
  • AmyD510
    AmyD510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am hoping for the same type of weight loss! I have been working out 5-6 days a week for the past couple of months. I can see my body toning and becoming tighter. Since I haven't changed my eating habits (at all) I haven't lost any weight and my clothes fit basically the same. With summer coming up I am hoping to lose 15 lbs to get to my goal! 2lbs a week is ambitious but with motivation and discipline it can be done! I'm ready! :happy:
  • anahita84
    anahita84 Posts: 44
    Options
    Thank you for your message - Would you be interested to do this together? I really need support in this.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is unrealistic for someone with only 15 lbs to lose. 1/2 lb per week is healthy and realistic. By weighing and measuring all your food, logging your intake, getting exercise that includes cardio and strength training, you could see results in 2 months time and keep the weight off. Might not be the full 15 lbs but it's step in the right direction.

Or you can try to lose 2 lbs per week, end up tired, hungry, probably undernourished, likely to binge, and balloon up with water weight on your holiday when you eat/drink more than you have for the last 2 months on your 2 lb per week loss plan.