What does your last 20 pounds look like?

Options
2»

Replies

• jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I started moving more and counting calories. I like calorie counting because I can still eat the things I want to eat. Honestly, the exercising part of it I have been lax on so I think that's why my weight isn't going down. This week will be different though, back to sweating it off. :)
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Stats:
    Female, 21 standing at a mere 5' 4" :bigsmile:
    My jean size is Juniors 9/10 (big hips) :glasses:

I have about 20 left to shed!

In 2010 I was about 160. :noway:
    I am currently 141.8
    My goal weight is 125

<<<My profile picture is me at 141.8 and I cannot wait to see what I look like once I shed these last 15 to 20 pounds! :love:
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to these forums and I guess I should document my weight loss.
    I'm not sure how I will look after I lose my last 20 pounds but I'm sure I'll look great.
    My legs look slimmer and Im starting to look bony on top (if that makes any sense )
    Idk how to post pics but if anyone is interested you can follow me on instagram: theveeohs
    Sorry to intrude.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Please look at my profile I have roughly 15-20 pounds to drop (of BF)
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The last 20 is actually usually pretty dramatic. Especially if you're getting into the "healthy weight" category. I'm at the point now where even 5lbs makes a dramatic difference. I don't have pictures up yet, but if I can shed these last few pounds soon...
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    @glowgirl this is so true (for loss and gain ) :-)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    The last 20 is actually usually pretty dramatic. Especially if you're getting into the "healthy weight" category. I'm at the point now where even 5lbs makes a dramatic difference. I don't have pictures up yet, but if I can shed these last few pounds soon...

I can vouch for the final 20 having a slope curve of the last few being pretty dramatic. Even though I'm in the 'skinny fat' category, I'm in the middle of that final 20 trim right now having dropped from 187 to 174.8 (this morning's weigh-in!!!!). Based on what "I see", a bit more trim should take a direct hit to the remainder of the love handles and as a guy - the remainder of the MOOBS. Could easily be another few pounds to 7 pounds to accomplish that, I don't know. I won't know until I get there, but I'm more of the chicken type to post up pictures of myself like everyone else does even though I've taken them along the way to document the process for myself.

Regardless, the waist has gone from 34" to 32" in the first 12.2 pound drop of the 20 thus far, and the belt has moved in two full notches. Enough so that new pants may be in order (as well as alterations on the suit pants to take them in). So dramatic - and expensive all combined.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have about 15lbs to go, feel free to add me!
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    One should remember the lower your body weight the greater percentage 20 lbs of fat is of it. It should make a more dramatic difference in body shape losing 20 lbs at 150- than it does at 200+.
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of losing the last 20 pounds. I'm just wondering if you could share any photos you might have which show before-and-afters of your last 20ish pounds. I'd like to see what the difference might look like. Also, if you are willing to share any of your personal stats (height, weight, clothing size, gender, etc.) and the method in which you did it (cardio, diet only, weights, etc.) that would be wonderful.

I would like to see this, as I lost 65 lbs 2 years ago and got down to 150 lbs, and even though I wanted to carry on for another 20-25 lbs, everyone kept saying I looked fine as I was, and was looking too slim etc, etc, so I stopped, I have only regained 8 lbs, but have never really felt slim, so I am on with losing the weight until I feel happy with myself.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This was my last twenty pounds before I changed my goal to 130lbs.

160qwxz.png

v5hon8.jpg
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    One should remember the lower your body weight the greater percentage 20 lbs of fat is of it. It should make a more dramatic difference in body shape losing 20 lbs at 150- than it does at 200+.

True that!

I started at 187 on January 6th, 2014...

13473439475_a4176a24c0_n.jpg

...and 12 weeks later targeting about a pound a week, I'm at 174.8 here...

13473524403_ee3c631a7e.jpg

...which is a loss of 6.5% of my body weight. Whether or not I end a full 20 pounds less (which would be a loss of about 10.7% of my starting weight) remains to be seen. It could be that I am just shy of my "ideal weight" and settling in around 170 may be enough. I guess I'll know when and if I get there. Either way, I see a bit more in the love handle, and MOOBs section that wouldn't hurt at all if I trimmed a bit more.

My motivation has been to slog less weight up the hills during races...

6055211625_d64721e5dd.jpg

Weight was lost using hours of cardio per week the past 12 weeks (averaging 6 - 12 hours of cardio), lifting (lower body on Mondays; upper body on Wednesdays; core on Fridays) and watching the calorie count so I could fuel all of that exercise and improve my training, but not drop the weight too fast - hence the target of a pound a week.

If I make the 20 pound end target, then it looks like May 23rd would be how much longer it will take at the slow rate I have chosen.

At least this much is off my back so far...

13417724743_2470c93e43.jpg
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I lost my 20 ish pounds quite a few years ago now, but it made a huge difference on me as I'm only 5'3. I have also maintained that loss (have builded muscle and gotten in better shape) since then, which was back in 2005 now.

Approximately 128-132 pounds here (not sure exactly)

2004_b-1-1.jpg

This was a couple years ago, I'm 110 here.

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

This was just last week on a cruise, I'm 114 now and doing a mini bulk cycle. Hoping to get up to 118 ish in the next 5 weeks, then I'll be cutting for 3 weeks.

me_pool_zps635fb70c.jpg
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    That's a nice dramatic change and makes sense based on your height. Love the Blue Moon (164 calories per bottle/can). ;-)
  • JS268
    JS268 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and have been scared of losing much past 145… cuz I've always been a little heavy, and it the number just doesn't seem natural.... It's nice to see someone who looks healthy, and is 110! :) Makes me feel "ok" losing that much weight… if that makes sense.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 20 or so. My profile pic shows my before and now :-) ( Oh and I'm 5'3.5")
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My before/after in my profile pictures is from 153 - 137. I'm 5'4.5", and that shows you the difference adding muscle and cutting fat can make in a physique. That said, every body is different, so asking to see others' bodies is totally pointless, as your progress will not reflect their work and habits, but your own.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Really?! I'm so glad to hear that. It seems like I have to lose quite a lot to be noticeable. I have about 25 to go - would love it if I could even get w/in seeing distance of dramatic ;)
  • JS268
    JS268 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!