21 Pounds Later

Options
leep917
leep917 Posts: 40 Member
I started my journey at 141 pounds. I'm 5'2, 18, and according to my BMI I was overweight. I knew I needed to change my eating habits and incorporate excerise into my life. I started MFP and was determined to turn my life around. I cut out all fast foods and unhealthy eating habits I had and swapped out foods for healthier alternatives. I worked out 5-7 days a week. I drank more water, slept more, and really invested time and effort into my health and wellbeing. Now I've reached a pivotal point in my journey. I weighed in at 119 pounds. 21 pounds lighter from when I started. I'm now 9 pounds away from my goal and I feel like I've made a change to my life that will last me a lifetime. Health has now become a daily part of my life and my hard work and determination has paid off. I went down 3 pants sizes from a 29 to a 26, my waist has shrunken from a 28 to a 26 and my hips from a 34 to a 31. I cant remember the last time I've felt so good. I'm no longer over weight but at a healthy, normal weight, and I plan to continue my healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome! :smile:
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    That is amazing progress!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    curious.
  • acarr4u
    acarr4u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Can you give some examples of food you used to eat and what you swapped it out for? I am a horrible and picky eater. Just trying to get some ideas on what to eat. What kind of exercise are you doing?
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Great job hun. :)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @ OP: Way to go! You're the same height as me and starting weight was my heaviest, too. There is such a huge difference between 120 and 140. You must feel great! Good luck!
  • leep917
    Options
    Of course! Basic stuff like instead of regular milk I drink soy milk. No pastas and switch white rice for brown rice. Instead of ice cream Greek yogurt! Rather than chips if I want something crunchy then opt for rice cakes. Water over any sugary drinks. No red meats instead chicken, turkey, and fish! You can do it and you may find you like the alternatives better then what you were eating before!
  • english_geek007
    english_geek007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What sort of exercises did you do?
  • leep917
    Options
    I do 45 minutes of cardio, usually elliptical or treadmill, and 20 minutes of strength training. I usually focus on my legs and abs so I'll do crunches, flutter kicks, and V-crunches for my abs and lunges, lunge kicks, and wall sits for my thighs.
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • leep917
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    that's awesome... i also am 5.2 ft and i started at 142 lbs. i now bounce between 114-118. i also went from a 29 waist to a 25.5 but my hips are still larger :( i was 40 and now 35.5, don't think i can get them much smaller now :( i know how hard work it is, so a huge congrats out to you!!!!
  • leep917
    Options
    Thank you! We have very similar situations! Its a lot of hard work and it takes a lot! So proud of you for your accomplishments! It's an amazing feeling!
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am also 5'2. I'm at 146 and really trying to get solidly into the 130s!!!
  • leep917
    Options
    You can do it! Keep pushing and eating healthy and before you know it you'll accomplish your goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!