Leslie Sansone

Options
I was just wondering if anyone had seen a noticable weight loss doing the Leslie Sansone DVD's. I started doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and boy, do you feel like you have worked out. When I did Leslie Sansone, I was sweating, so I know it was doing something but I didn't really feel anything afterward (sore muscles, etc) which makes me feel like its not working. However, I have read some posts on here saying after 30 days of Jillian Michaels, the only major result was more toned and more endurance but not much weight loss. Honestly, I don't want to kill myself doing JM 30 Day Shred if I'm not going to get weight loss results. I know it takes time which is why I want to do the best workout I can to get the ball rolling in the quickest way possible instead of wasting my time on something that won't show results at all.

Replies

• mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day Shred at my own pace (stayed on level 2 longer than 10 days) for 5 weeks along with at least a 30 minute walk 3-4 times per week. That combined with better decisions about what i was putting into my body helped me to lose 27 pounds in just 5 weeks. I just started doing the Shred again, after a few months of nothing, last Wednesday and in one week I lost 3.4 pounds. I have the weight to lose tho... started at 223, got down to 196 in the 5 weeks and started it again at 195.4. Got on the scale today and down another 2.2 pounds, though I only log my weight on Wednesdays, so that may fluctuate between now and my next Weigh in Wednesday.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I don't think you'd get sore from doing Leslie Sansone's workouts, they aren't really geared towards toning and strength training - just aerobic exercise. I added some hand weights when I do her workouts - and can really tell a difference in muscle soreness. For awhile her workouts were all I was doing, along with some regular walks and I'm dropping the weight for sure.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    I also do leslie sansone along with regular walks and the wii and while it doesnt make me sore it has helped me to lose weight. I have been doing this since mid july along with staying within my calories and I have lost 42lbs. I think any form of movement is better then nothing
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day Shred at my own pace (stayed on level 2 longer than 10 days) for 5 weeks along with at least a 30 minute walk 3-4 times per week. That combined with better decisions about what i was putting into my body helped me to lose 27 pounds in just 5 weeks. I just started doing the Shred again, after a few months of nothing, last Wednesday and in one week I lost 3.4 pounds. I have the weight to lose tho... started at 223, got down to 196 in the 5 weeks and started it again at 195.4. Got on the scale today and down another 2.2 pounds, though I only log my weight on Wednesdays, so that may fluctuate between now and my next Weigh in Wednesday.
    Its good to know you saw weight loss results w/ the 30 Day Shred. And I was thinking doing the Shred one day and Leslie Sanson the next, which is a walking DVD, to alternate a little. I too, have the weight to lose that is for sure - I'm at 277lbs right now and I keep gaining even when exercising and dieting. Doctor tells me that is caused by the ovarian disease I have but I REFUSE to let that be an excuse. I WILL lose weight. Thank you sharing your results w/ the 30 Day Shred. Congrats on your success thus far and good luck on the rest of your journey. :o)
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have four different ones of her video's. It depends which one. There's one that I have to use hand weights for the extra burn and there is others where I can barely keep up with her. I like her videos more than the 30 day shred forsure! And I loss a total of 101lbs. But not all by doing her videos cause I like to mix it up and like anything it do get boring but it help me!
  • JoyBellz
    Options
    I don't think you'd get sore from doing Leslie Sansone's workouts, they aren't really geared towards toning and strength training - just aerobic exercise. I added some hand weights when I do her workouts - and can really tell a difference in muscle soreness. For awhile her workouts were all I was doing, along with some regular walks and I'm dropping the weight for sure.
    Good to know Leslie Sansone's workouts show weight loss results as well. I guess I am too hard on myself. I think if I don't "feel it" after the workout, that I haven't done enough. Thanks for the info.
  • JoyBellz
    Options
    I have four different ones of her video's. It depends which one. There's one that I have to use hand weights for the extra burn and there is others where I can barely keep up with her. I like her videos more than the 30 day shred forsure! And I loss a total of 101lbs. But not all by doing her videos cause I like to mix it up and like anything it do get boring but it help me!
    Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! I too, like Leslie's workouts way better than the 30 day shred myself, but didn't want to feel like I was "wimping out." LOL I dread the 30 Day Shred and hate it the whole time I'm doing it but I feel really good afterward. I think if I rely on doing the 30 Day Shred most of the time, I will just be setting myself up for failure b/c if I dread something, I am less likely to stick with it.
  • JoyBellz
    Options
    I also do leslie sansone along with regular walks and the wii and while it doesnt make me sore it has helped me to lose weight. I have been doing this since mid july along with staying within my calories and I have lost 42lbs. I think any form of movement is better then nothing
    Congrats on your weight loss as well. I have been back and forth with exercising and watching my calories, etc for a while. The last 6 or 8 months, I basically just said to heck with it. Watching calories and exercising, I GAINED 15lbs. Very discouraging. BUT I have to do something. Obesity runs in my family as well as heart problems and diabetes. Had an uncle who was diabetic, quit smoking, lost weight and died of a massive heart attack. My dad is obese and at 56 is going to have to apply for disability b/c his back and hips are so "worn out" from being so overweight so long. I WILL NOT let this weight take my life away from me.