Protein Powder for weight loss UK

Options
Hi there. Age old question. Which is the best protein powder available for weight loss in the UK.

Main criteria..

Low to no carbs
Low to no sugar
Low to no fat
Vegetarian or vegan
Affordable

Please UK responses.. I know there's lots of great ones in the US but most we just can't get over here without paying an arm and leg for.

Not asking a lot. :)

Replies

• gemheath2010
    gemheath2010 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello - I use phd diet whey you can sometimes get it on offer from tesco for £30 for 1kg, or if you know someone with a gold card GHC also sometimes have it on offer for the same price - it does vary in price though so look around
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold standard whey. I buy it online, in as big a size as I can afford as it's cheaper that way. I think I got it from Discount Supplements. I've tried the Double Chocolate and the French vanilla creme - both delicious and I believe it ticks your other boxes (not vegan but vegetarian). It's not really "for weight loss" - it just helps you reach your protein goal.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a protein powder for "weight loss". All a protein powder does is help you hit your macro.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    myprotein.com - Total Protein is low carb, as is the calcium caseinate (the latter makes a good chocolate pudding)
  • nvdangelo
    Options
    Hello - I use phd diet whey you can sometimes get it on offer from tesco for £30 for 1kg, or if you know someone with a gold card GHC also sometimes have it on offer for the same price - it does vary in price though so look around

Thanks that's a great one. Will check it out!
  • nvdangelo
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold standard whey. I buy it online, in as big a size as I can afford as it's cheaper that way. I think I got it from Discount Supplements. I've tried the Double Chocolate and the French vanilla creme - both delicious and I believe it ticks your other boxes (not vegan but vegetarian). It's not really "for weight loss" - it just helps you reach your protein goal.

Thank you. I will check this out too.
  • nvdangelo
    Options
    myprotein.com - Total Protein is low carb, as is the calcium caseinate (the latter makes a good chocolate pudding)

Yes does tick all the boxes!! And it's even affordable. I'm gonna give it a try, would be amazing as a dessert substitute.
  • KateParker01
    KateParker01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The best value protein powder I've come across is Nutrisport 90+ vegan pea protein powder, from Body Active Nation website. Comes in at about £47 for 5kg from memory. Tastes revolting when plain but is fine with a small teaspoon of sweetner or measured, flat, teaspoon of normal sugar (if it fits you macros for the day). Nutrisport's 90+ whey is nice too and comes in various flavours too. General service from Body Active Nation has always been first class to date.