perkins

Options
I went to perkins and got a country granny omelette with potatos and toast and it was 980 calories and that's all I had for today. Dinner is nearing mom is making a roast so should I have that or just cut an apple up and have an apple and grapes?

Replies

• stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would have a healthy portion of roast. For me only eating one meal is going to make me unhappy and what ever I saved in calories will be snacked away later. Not sure your calorie goal for the day, but you likely have room in it for more than an apple.

Whenever I eat out and feel that meal was too much, I try to add some extra exercise to burn a little of it off. Even a brisk walk is better than nothing. You can't loose everything in a day, don't let one meal be too much of a burden, you can succeed in your goal!
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I get 1590 calories a day.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Have a small portion of the roast and see if you can make yourself a big salad or have a big side of veggies. You have some calories left so the name of the game is portion control.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary. You have room to eat some roast and veggies and stay within your goal. Enjoy!:bigsmile:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have plenty of room for dinner. Have a sensible portion and enjoy.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you should have a little wiggle room for supper with mom. Just use small portions and eat slow. :)

If you can, get a little walk in before or after, that might help you feel better about the calories as well.

And water. Water can be your best friend when doing portion control.