Am i too fat for 30 day shred?

Options
I have been going to the gym 3 days a week- two of those days being classes, step and tone and zumba.

I tried first day of level 1 and i am in so much pain!! Thighs kill and my belly, it literally hurts to laugh. The whole "ab"(mine;'s flooded in fat) section. Killer pain!! I also needed a break yesterday for 3minutes at the 8minute mark.

Today went to zumba, and 7 hours later did day 2. I had to have three breaks. I complete both times don't get me wrong but i am thinking am i too fat for this?? I;ve looked online and i haven't seen any one else mention tummy pains.

weight 91kg approx 200/201 pounds!

thanks guys . xx

Replies

• j34lr
    j34lr Posts: 32
    Options
    No one is "too fat" for the 30 day shred. I just finished the shred last week and started it again today because I loved my results so much and want to keep going. Just combine the shred with other workouts and it helps to give you better results.

Give it time, do things Anita's way if you find yourself having too much trouble keeping up with Jillian and Natalie. You can't expect results over night, but if you stick with it and really give it your all in those 20 minutes, the results will come and you'll be happy.

Take before and after pictures so that you can see the results. It helps because you look at yourself everyday so you don't always see it when it's happening, but your body will slowly and surely start to change.

Don't give up! Good luck :)
  • kinni101
    kinni101 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you, your comment is so supportive :) will carry on!x
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I was 101.1kg when I started doing 30DS (and I'm 167cm). I survived just fine. I just had to take short breaks and modify some stuff.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I think I was around 300 lbs when I did 30 Day Shred. Just do what you can, modify the moves... Just keep moving! :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS. Completed it about a month ago, going to start again this week. I alter this DVD with treadmill----walking varying the incline and speed.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Some people find the cool down to short so try some extra stretches before you finish and that should help reduce the next day aches!
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I wasn't overweight when I did it and I was HURTING! Like I would scream if my boyfriend bumped my leg! Could barely walk down stairs, it was bad. It lasted for a week and then went away and never came back! I still get a bit sore if I start a new routine but not like that. I hadn't been doing any exercise at all prior though.

Take a day off if you're so sore you literally can't do it but keep it up! You got this!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It may be DOMS - when ever you start a new program you are going to be sore, so if its just soreness its a sign you are working muscles you weren't working before. If is is DOMS (delay onset muscle soreness), then believe it or not the best thing to do is keep moving. You may see that you gain or hold onto some water as your muscles repair themselves, so if that happens dont get discouraged.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It absolutely killed me at the start. Now I'm almost at Level 3 and it's so so so much easier! Still a challenge but doesn't make me want to cry any more. I'm not doing it 30 days in a row, either. Just doing it on the days I feel up for it. :)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I wasn't overweight when I did it and I was HURTING! Like I would scream if my boyfriend bumped my leg! Could barely walk down stairs, it was bad. It lasted for a week and then went away and never came back! I still get a bit sore if I start a new routine but not like that. I hadn't been doing any exercise at all prior though.

Take a day off if you're so sore you literally can't do it but keep it up! You got this!

^^ This. It was also my first foray back into exercising.

I don't think I could walk properly for 3 days after I started. It got better :smile:
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You are not too fat, it's just the workouts are intense and use muscles you probably haven't used in a long time! I started out doing level 1 of 30DS at 219lbs and the muscle soreness was really bad for the first fortnight of workouts (I took breaks inbetween of 2-3 days as I hate working out through doms.) After about a month I didn't suffer anywhere near as much. It's more of an adjustment period as your muscles get used to the new demands being placed on them.

Stick with it as the changes in your fitness level and body are amazing if you are consistent!
  • kinni101
    kinni101 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks ladies all your comments help!! for me it is my thighs and my tummy!!! but your right its a new thing. I was proud of myself for doing it the same day after zumba. ITs true moving helps. :)Xx
  • Apollo090
    Apollo090 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I just started today and it`s tough but you feel it. The importance is to not sacrifice form. So don``t worry about keeping up AS much, pay attention to HOW you`re completing the exercise.
    For those who`ve done it, what exercise did you log it under?
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think this thread is just what I needed right now! I tried 30DS once, but I couldn't walk for a week afterward and wasn't sure I was ready for something so intense. After a week of less strenuous exercise, I think I'm going to give 30DS another go!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    No you're not. Rest when you need to, and aim to rest a little less every day. I bet you'll amaze yourself.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I just started today and it`s tough but you feel it. The importance is to not sacrifice form. So don``t worry about keeping up AS much, pay attention to HOW you`re completing the exercise.
    For those who`ve done it, what exercise did you log it under?

I log it under circuit training or you can look up the burn 20 mins of circuit training would give you then add your own exercise under the heading of 30DS level 1.
  • Apollo090
    Apollo090 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you!