28, obese, bipolar, looking for friends for support!

Options
Hi everyone! I am new here today. I always got bullied in school about my weight and was 230 by the time I graduated high school 10 years ago. When I was diagnosed as being bipolar 6 years ago I was put on a ton of medications and along with manic binges put on 90 more pounds to hit 320. During a "stable" time a few years ago I was able to lose some and get into the 280s but things fell apart again. I was so desperate that last year I went through ECT treatments and tried last line medications that caused me to hardly function. I eventually just stopped taking the medications and have been feeling better than I ever have. In January I was able to get back to the gym and lose 14 pounds. I am now at 274. I fell off the wagon for about a week and am hoping to start going back to the gym and do an hour on the elliptical every day along with turbo fire and some strength training. Eating is still really hard though because at night I tend to binge mindlessly. Anyone wanna be friends and encourage each other? I'm so ready to do this!

Replies

• xPeacefulx
    xPeacefulx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey friend request sent :smile:
  • kimglover14
    Options
    Hey, Friend request sent....
  • KnewBGNG
    KnewBGNG Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    HI, I will send a request:)
  • Feliciakap
    Feliciakap Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    friend request sent
  • cmpeip
    cmpeip Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • ssicaDarling
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • VeggieGal777
    VeggieGal777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome
    I will send a FR
  • CeeCee_RB
    Options
    I'm here for you! :)
    I already send you a Friend Request
  • kelsiekae
    Options
    It can definitely be hard sometimes. But a great support system definitely helps. I'll send a request your way.
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    friend request sent :smile:
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this. One thing I have found for late night binge eating (that I think is a big help) is to just not keep bad foods in the house! It is hard to let go of stuff at first, but once your body adjust, healthier foods really do start to taste a lot better. I am 5 days in on a Whole30 and it is crazy to me how I am already seeing changes in the way I feel. I still have cravings, but hopefully those will go away soon =P

Good luck to you! Now go kick some butt!
  • Friend Request sent - I have bipolar disorder - Late night manic binges suck but I have found that if I don't have crap in the house...my late night eating is less destructive!
  • sheilatush
    sheilatush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request .. l also have bi-.polar
  • sunnykay2014
    sunnykay2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • prima073
    prima073 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello! Slow and steady wins the race!!! friend request sent. :-)
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Friend request coming your way!
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sent. :)
  • adrienneh1986
    Options
    Hi! I'm 28 too and have struggled with anxiety & depression since high school. I started with MFP in January & have been rally happy with my progress so far. But, in part because of my illness, I tend to start things & then not finish them, leading to more anxiety & depression. So I'm also looking for friends to help keep me going when I start to falter. Will send you a friend request!
  • takishamonique13
    Options
    Friend Request sent
  • RedMudGrown
    Options
    Friend request sent. :)