What's the craziest thing u did as a kid?

Options
Hi

I was just talking to an old friend...and can't believe some of the CRAZY things we did as kids
I think we were in 8th grade and huge Rob Lowe fans (I think it was around the time of The outsiders and that hockey movie..ouch..he was hot)
Anyway, we must have been maybe 12/13...we took the bus into NYC alone (live in Northern NJ..about 20-30minutes from NYC) to stack out a hotel we heard he was staying out..then what? LOL
I think some stranger drove us home...ugh
We hitch hiked a zillion times after that
Gives me chills....that was just the beginning...LOL....maybe when I was 13/14 we would drive to Jersey City and ask strange men to buy us liquor
My kids are never going to be teens...right ? :)

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was just talking to an old friend...and can't believe some of the CRAZY things we did as kids
    I think we were in 8th grade and huge Rob Lowe fans (I think it was around the time of The outsiders and that hockey movie..ouch..he was hot)
    Anyway, we must have been maybe 12/13...we took the bus into NYC alone (live in Northern NJ..about 20-30minutes from NYC) to stack out a hotel we heard he was staying out..then what? LOL
    I think some stranger drove us home...ugh
    We hitch hiked a zillion times after that
    Gives me chills....that was just the beginning...LOL....maybe when I was 13/14 we would drive to Jersey City and ask strange men to buy us liquor
    My kids are never going to be teens...right ? :)

Kim
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    For our senior prom we rented an RV, complete with driver and then we put a keg in it. I think we were at the prom all of 30 minutes. The rest of the night was a rolling party!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Bamboo

I hear ya!
    Where I live after the junior/senior proms we rent hotel rooms down the shore for the weekend
    enough said...LOL

Kim
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Bamboo

I hear ya!
    Where I love after the junior/senior proms we rent hotel rooms down the shore for the weekend
    enough said...LOL

Kim

I think that maybe my kids will need a chaperone (ME) when they get to that stage in life!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Oh I cold tells you stories :blushing:

way too many crazy things I have a teenager now and I told her I'm way too smart for her to get away with anything
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    When I was like 3 years old, I would cross busy streets and ring the neighbors doorbells asking them for candy. I would also turn on the stove when the phone rang.

I didn't do too much as a teenager though. Other than "needling" my car a few times (that is making the "needle" of the speedometer go all the way to the right). I had a 289 Mustang. I'm sure GTO has done this as an adult :laugh:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    It would make more sense if you just read the police report.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    My kids are soooooooooo not allowed to hang out with you guys lol specially Kim ties up my 13 and 14 yr olds :laugh:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    the funny part is i didn't really do too many carzy things until after high school, and well the stories, i can't tell lol thats from a different life
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    It would make more sense if you just read the police report.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    when i was 3 i snuck out of the house butt naked :blushing: walked down to KFC (we lived right down the road) and asked for chicken :embarassed: today chicken is still my fave :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

luckily my parents had a friend who worked there.
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Me and my friends were pranksters. Alot of Toilet Papering and we even lit poo on fire on a teachers door step so that they had to stomp it out-I still laugh about it today!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My attorney has advised me not to talk about it.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    one time.....at band camp.............:blushing: ..........OH WAIT that was Shannon's story....:laugh: sorry boo, ya I got nothin...sorry:ohwell:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My sister and I used to take our pillows to the slate roof (old house), climb to the top of the gable, and slide down the roof. Not a good idea.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was a pretty good kid...HOWEVER....I remember being used as a human cannonball by my brothers feet a time or two!!!! :grumble: :grumble:.................yep......all fun and games until someone hits the wall!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    when i was 3 i snuck out of the house butt naked :blushing: walked down to KFC (we lived right down the road) and asked for chicken :embarassed: today chicken is still my fave :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Really...me too...oh wait, you said you were three...not 33...oopps :blushing:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    one time.....at band camp.............:blushing: ..........OH WAIT that was Shannon's story....:laugh: sorry boo, ya I got nothin...sorry:ohwell:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thisisforme
    Options
    Wow! I was a boring kid from the country. I need to go back and try some of the stuff you all did. We had a rival school across the river from us and we played a football game each year. The Seniors got to toilet paper the bridge each year. My sister was in the class right behind us. We messed it up, they had to tp the bleachers. I guess they got ticked with people pushed each other in the water. It was less than a 10 foot drop.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was a pretty good kid...HOWEVER....I remember being used as a human cannonball by my brothers feet a time or two!!!! :grumble: :grumble:.................yep......all fun and games until someone hits the wall!!

Oh, besides that......we would make booby traps out in the country at my grandpas house........he taught us well!!!!! :wink: