What do you wear at the gym??

Options
No i am not trying to be trendy at the gym (never!) but i want a top that if i stretch high in the sky, you can not see my guts!!

Any idea's guys?i wear a 3/4 sleeved long top (comes under my tush) and its not tight.

thanks xx (i don't like showing my armpits or bingo wings either)

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe wear a bodysuit underneath your shirt and pants if you are worried about your stomach showing.
  • abickford82
    abickford82 Posts: 207
    Options
    I just wear tees/tanks and yoga pants or capris. Nothing too snazzy.

When I instruct/teach, I'll be more nicely put together though. My own workout, I stick to the basics...I want to drip in sweat and not worry about ruining something.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I got a few tops at Old Navy……Semi-fitted so not tight and don't cling. They are pretty breathable.
    They were like $5 a piece and have a bunch of colors.
  • michelefm1l
    michelefm1l Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a t-shirt with a pair of athletic pants/shorts...I guess you could try and find a tunic shirt or a longer t-shirt....but people are seriously not going to even notice (or care) about you showing your stomach at the gym.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    PicsArt_1395330401246_zps92c03e4e.jpg
  • aggiemomrobbie
    Options
    I wear loose gym pants and usually a t-shirt. The t-shirts are usually men's shirts so they are long and leave me a lot of room for arms up in the air. I just bought a gym shirt on sale yesterday (women's style) but have not worn it yet to the gym, but it looks pretty long. I've been thinking about wearing shorts now that it's getting warmer, but I'm 65 and the legs don't look like they used to! :-)
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I wear a pair of loose fit sweatshorts and a men's longtailed tee in a size too big to make room for the 'girls'.

That being said, a flash of my tummy or the wobbly bits of my arms is prolly the least of worries at the gym, really. ;)
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    The V-neck vintage tees from Old Navy are long and pretty roomy. I wear a tank under them and never have any guts coverage issues lol.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Costco has a bunch of tank tops workout wear that are longer and are awesomely priced! I own them in pretty much every color.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    running singlets, cutoffs and shorts.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    A tank top and shorts. Be comfortable and wear something that doesn't get in the way.
  • yukino3006
    yukino3006 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wear a normal t shirt and jogging pants. I wear loose clothes because I sweat a lot and need air all over.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i feel like your reaching gut show problem would best be resolved by layering a long sleeved t shirt to cover the bingo wings and armpits over a long tank top for working out that is bunched around your hips and so will have leftover fabric to still cover when you reach.

bonus: when you are done working out it will be refreshing to remove the overshirt and have most of the armpit sweat on that rather than your tank.

i can't beleive i'm talking about armpits. is this weekend almost over?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Are you tall? Old Navy has "tall" workout clothes that generally prevent the belly hanging out.
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Banana suit.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have several long tight ftting tanks that I layer under all my tees to keep my belly from showing when I do stuff like overhead press or log press.
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ma birthday suit ;) lol

Nah, I just wear a good sports bra (Which is key if you've got beeeeeewbs!) and a loose tank top and then some spandex shorts or capris (Hate the long ones).
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I wear loose gym pants and usually a t-shirt. The t-shirts are usually men's shirts so they are long and leave me a lot of room for arms up in the air. I just bought a gym shirt on sale yesterday (women's style) but have not worn it yet to the gym, but it looks pretty long. I've been thinking about wearing shorts now that it's getting warmer, but I'm 65 and the legs don't look like they used to! :-)

No one cares, honey- rock those shorts!

I tend to wear yoga pants and tshirts. I do wear the Old Navy vintage tees, but I find they aren't really long enough if you're doing arms above your head type stuff. I always wear camis under my tees, so it's not a problem for me, but if you don't, you may have belly flashing issues.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem -- these tops (UnderArmour, Nike) are so long, they come down to my crotch. Ugh, I hate it. I have yet to find something that won't come past my hips.

Like you, I don't show my pits, always have short sleeves on. :tongue:
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Usually a tec T (ON Active, Brooks, etc.) and some ON compression capris or Brooks/ON running shorts. I'm 5'7" but short torsoed and the ON active tops are plenty long enough for me.