Looking for MAJOR weight loss buddies/support

Options
Hello!

My name is Shani. I am looking for weight loss buddies. Ideally, I am hoping to add people who are in the same situation I am.

Therefore, here's me:
I'm 28 years old, 5'9", and currently 336 lbs. I wear a size 24/26. I work in an office, and don't have children.
My plan to lose weight is to reduce my calories by eating nutritious filling food, lifting weights, and moving more. At my size, I have to start with small slow goals so that's why I'm looking for someone in a similar situation.

My motivation:
To be able to climb a flight of stairs without getting breathless
To prepare for the next stage in my life (wedding, starting a family, etc.)
To feel comfortable in my clothes

Looking forward to meeting motivated people and to provide support myself!

Replies

• redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck!!! Stay motivated...it's a journey..not a race :)
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 27, 5'9 and about 2 weeks in. It is all about the small steps and learning how to eat right and move! Feel free to add me..I keep an open diary if you're needing meal ideas, etc. :)
  • kinni101
    kinni101 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey Shani you can add me if you wish.

I;m 23, 5'3 and now 200 pounds. starting was nearly 205 pounds.

I have no children and also work in a office. But i do try to go to the gym 3 days a week and have just started the 30day shred which i am in pain for ..but fingers crossed!!! my short term first goal is to be 191 pounds so i am no longer "morbidly obese"!! I try to make small goals and have a big goal in sight ;

Kiran
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, 6'1" and am 399lb. I'm working on making small, sustainable lifestyle changes, one at a time. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and started at 370. Am currently at 214. Feel free to add me for support.
  • nashcraft
    Options
    Hello, I am Nikki. I am 36, weigh 297 lbs and am 5' 7". I am doing this to be healthy and feel better as I move around throughout my daily life, I have been married nearly 17 yrs and a stay at home mom of 3. (15, 14, and 10 yrs old). Good Luck!!!!! With a great support system you can do this!!!!!!
  • abickford82
    abickford82 Posts: 207
    Options
    109lbs. loser here. I'm now 31, married, and run/weight lift, and just recently became Insanity certified to teach it in a gym setting (start teaching the week after next). Would love to add you!
  • eluna72
    eluna72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just sent you an add request. I know what you are facing and am doing the same! Good luck to you!
  • eluna72
    eluna72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    YOU are awesome and inspiring! I hope to be able to claim a 101 lb. loss one day!

abickford82, this was intended for you! :-)
  • jeansnpearls84
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • MaryElvira1959
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mary. I'm 5'6" use to weigh 298 and now weigh 227.4 lbs. I started out slow because of my weight, my knees use to hurt but I kept on walking. Started out 10 minutes a day then as time went by I was walking 4.4 miles 5 days a week. No more knee pain. Now I go to the gym for 30 minutes in place of walking due to I'm working now, so right after work I go straight to the gym. I lost some of 40 lbs. before joining MFP. Now I have lost more with the help of MFP. The food diary has been the greatest with staying on 1200 calories, I use to be on 1600 calories. I feel if you contFinue to change your eating habits and exercise, plus use MFP you will continue your success. You have a new buddy in me for support and I hope you will be my new buddy in support as well.
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    My name's Emily, I'm 20, I'm 5'4" and started at 315 (now down to ~375).
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 330 (I recently re-set my ticker to help me focus on the rest of the weight I need to lose).

Feel free to add me ;)
    Karen
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've got a long road ahead, too! Starting small and trying to be kind to myself this time around.
  • RottieLovie
    RottieLovie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a really long way to go. I am 30, 5'9'', and started at 393. I am using MFP, and just got a fitbit Friday. I am hoping to lose the weight, and gain the life I want.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm about 80lbs in to my quest to lose 120lbs. Support is a good thing! I've sent you a FR.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Shani

I'm 5' 9' and my starting weight was 265. I was a size 26 when I started and am now a size 5. I starting doing just cardio from day 1. I started lifting in September and am currently doing a recomp. It took me 1 1/2 years to reach my goal. Feel fee to add me as I know how hard it can be and have learned a lot along the way.
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you need friends & encouragement you can add me. I read & comment & give that little extra encouragement.
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What a inspiration !