making avacado taste good?

Options
what can you add to avacado to make it taste better

Replies

• djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love avocado but I don't usually eat it alone - I put it on tacos and in salad most but you can put it on toast, make it into guac or add as a topping to all kinds of things.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mm8axc0HUn1rflkf7o2_500.gif
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Avocado ice cream. My husband is from Seychelles and my mom from Phillipines, for them avocado is turned into creamy sweet treats. Took awhile for them to accept unsweetened avocado as a savory. Las Paletas in Nashville makes killer avocado Popsicles.
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Avocado tastes amazing, period. However, a simple guacamole style recipe is to add salt, some lemon juice to taste, chopped onion, and garlic powder with mashed avocado. You can never go wrong dicing the avocado and putting in your salad, either!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Why eat it if you don't like it?
  • arrowprayer
    arrowprayer Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i asked a personal trainer what foods i should add to my diet and she said avacado as one
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question is guacamole.
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yum, avocados are great. I slice one thin, put on toasted whole grain bread with a little salt and pepper, what a yummy treat.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    i asked a personal trainer what foods i should add to my diet and she said avacado as one

Did you ask why? The avocado itself isn't magical or anything, but it's a good source of monounsaturated fats, which you can get from nuts or olive oil or any number of other things.\

If you don't like something, just substitute it for something you do like that has the same nutritional properties.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I only add a fork.
  • HeatherKent21
    HeatherKent21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lime juice and salt makes avocado amazing
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love avacodo, as guac, chopped in a salad, on sandwiches and even as a dressing on pasta salad. Seriously you either love it or not. If not, do not try to force yourself to eat it. Find something else that you will enjoy.
  • tradja
    tradja Posts: 11
    Options
    Lime juice and salt makes avocado amazing
    I only add a fork.

This. Hot sauce and a spoon is my preferred method.

Alternately, I just put it in my smoothie. Adds creamy deliciousness and the other fruit covers the taste.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Put it in hummus

1 can garbanzo beans/chick peas
    1 avocado
    season to taste with: Lemon Juice, Garlic powder, salt, tumeric, tahini

Place all ingredients in blender, add water and/or olive oil to level of thickness

enjoy
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I make "green" tuna--1 can of white albacore tuna, add avocado instead of mayo, salt, pepper, lemon or lime juice, garlic powder, maybe a little dill weed and a fork! Yum!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    avocado-mousse-2-300x275.jpg
    AVocado chocolate mousse
    I like it without the peanut butter
    :drinker:

http://www.culinaryadventuresinthekitchen.com/2012/07/21/avocado-chocolate-mousse/