Not enough calories, need suggestions.

Options
Hi all, I'm new to fitness pal. I have a problem consuming enough calories. I'm roughly between 400 to 300 away from my goal. I have cut out sweets, pastas, and will only eat bread on the weekends. I don't eat a lot of meat. I'm allergic to soy, most nuts, apples, and I'm lactose intolerant.

I'm getting flustered because I feel like I'm eating a ton, but I'm not meeting my goal. Is there any healthy foods I can add that will help me out?

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You could look into eating more beans. They are usually a decent amount of calories per serving. Kidney, black, and baked beans.
  • _myrahhh
    _myrahhh Posts: 15
    Options
    Good thing I love all kinds of beans! :)
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Also drinking a table spoon of olive oil is 120 calories. Easy way to get your cals up and healthy too.
  • _myrahhh
    Options
    Not a bad idea. I added raw organic coconut oil to things like oatmeal. Wouldn't mind doing olive oil.
  • jakeya16
    jakeya16 Posts: 40
    Options
    Avocados and dates ate calorie dense!
  • tasha_1306
    tasha_1306 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Avocado or a protein shake can boost your calories?
  • _myrahhh
    Options
    Didn't think about dates! Mmmm yum!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Avocados and dates ate calorie dense!
    This! NOT OLIVE OIL! Oil is just macro-nutrient with no fiber, water or micro-nutrients.

Dates are SO delicious!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm a huge fan of cutting a cantalope in half, scooping out the guts, and then filling it with fruit! Not only do you get to eat your bowl (which may be close to or over 100 calories), but you can also fit some extra cals in with the fruit salad as well. Maybe consider adding that into your breakfast routine as well?

Avocados and dates are two other really great options, if you do need something super calorie dense, but aren't that hungry. Easily can be customized into salad dressing, sauces, or just eaten as is for a snack.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to fitness pal. I have a problem consuming enough calories. I'm roughly between 400 to 300 away from my goal. I have cut out sweets, pastas, and will only eat bread on the weekends. I don't eat a lot of meat. I'm allergic to soy, most nuts, apples, and I'm lactose intolerant.

I'm getting flustered because I feel like I'm eating a ton, but I'm not meeting my goal. Is there any healthy foods I can add that will help me out?
    The easy answer is eat some bread and pasta. Carbs don't make you gain weight eating too many calories does.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to peanuts? They aren't really nuts so you may not be, if not then peanut butter is very high calorie, a spoonful will give you the calories you need to hit your goal.