Jack, T25 Gamma, vegetarian

Options
I'm living in Central America for work, but lived in central Oregon for years before that. This urban environment with certain security issues limits me from just spontaneously spending time outdoors as I've always done, and I have developed a bit of cabin fever. At least I have the gym at work!

5'8", 160lbs, generally athletic build. I've always eaten like a horse and never really gained or lost any weight, but now that I turned 40 I wanted to establish some healthy habits.

Starting Week 4 of T25 Gamma on Monday. The last few weeks my workout buddies and I have been substituting various Insanity workouts on Fridays in place of the Double T25 (which the Gamma calendar conspicuously lacks compared to Alpha and Beta). We plan to institute a mixed calendar of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Insanity, Insanity Vol II, and P90X3 after this week.

I was in OK cardio and strength condition before starting T25 Alpha, but have been pleased with the definition and explosiveness I've gained from Alpha and Beta. I wear fairly tailored menswear to work and have not noticed it getting any tighter in the shoulders or looser in the waist. I feel like my gains kinda plateaued with Gamma - just not seeing or feeling the dramatic gains I had at the end of Alpha and then Beta. Disappointingly, I didn't take measurement, photos, or careful weighing before I started but my wife notices the difference. I enjoy forums for my other hobbies and it never occurred to me to get on fitness forums, since it was more a lifestyle than a hobby before. I can tell already that reading the forum will keep me engaged in this even when I plateau.

One of my goals of coming to these forums is that I want to define explicit and meaningful fitness goals beyond the vague belief that "it's good for you", "check out my T25 abs!", and that I enjoy working out with my buddies every morning before work.

I only got serious about my eating habits about a month ago, and I'm not sure I see huge gains yet. As a vegetarian, I had a decent diet already but was probably eating too much olive oil/butter and not quite enough protein. Started logging my eating here after reading around on rippedclub.net and now I'm addicted to the data-geek stats. I couldn't help but think back to my college girlfriend who suffered from eating disorders - for her it was all a control game vs. herself. I'll have to be careful with this.

Replies

• fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    now wondering where you are living lol....:huh:
  • tradja
    tradja Posts: 11
    Options
    now wondering where you are living lol....:huh:

:tongue: Just your typical undisclosed location.