My Name Is Brandon...

Options
Hello there I am 29 years of age; and my name is Brandon... I am 5'3" and nearly 300lbs. I am sick of being over weight and unhealthy -- I got a family, and I got fans to be healthy for. I am ready to lose at least 120lbs -- would love to have some friends and some encouragement a long the way. I know I can do this... I been feeling sorry for myself and its about dang time that I stop feeling sorry for myself and get off my butt and do something about it!! My family depend on me; and I do not want to let them down. Once I lose some weight I'll also be able to get back into firefighting and helping those in need without jeopardizing my squad

Replies

• GrinderX
    GrinderX Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. You should bookmark this post so you can read it back when you are struggling. Good luck with your journey!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the most challenging and rewarding thing you'll ever do for yourself. You're in the right place for support, motivation and learning. Here's to Day One :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to be my friend. I have a firefighter friend on here I could introduce you to if you like. Actually I have a couple.
  • Iwuvmy4kds
    Iwuvmy4kds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! It isn't easy to do but with support from others you can do it! There are times that you will struggle too but don't let that get you down. I have failed at times too but this time I decided I am doing this for me not because my family is saying you need to it! I want to be there for my grandchildren. I have a 30 year reunion this August and my goal is too lose 30 pounds. If I don't get there at least if I lose 20 that is good enough for me.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You said it yourself, you CAN do this!
  • UnckleB
    UnckleB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for such encouraging words :)
  • Jacob2kD
    Jacob2kD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DOOOOO IT!
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    Hey Brandon im 29 too, cmon do it.. Its about time!
    Lets look awesome in our 30's !!!:drinker: