need help with a routine!!!

Options
I am a beginner in the working out field. Seriously, I hate working out so I've only started now. I know I need to. But I have no idea what I am doing at the gym! I go to my university's gym where they don't even have workers Walking around to help. To even get someone to help me use a machine costs extra....I can't afford it, I'm a student. I generally get over whelmed at the gym and then just spend 45 mins doing cardiovascular. ...which I know won't help me if I just do that alone. Can someone PLEASE help me with a workout routine? Which machines I should be using and for how long? Right now, my goal is to lose fat before I start seriously toning up.

Replies

• luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Cardiovascular is fat burning exercise so keep the 45 minutes of cardio. I would add some muscle building weights. Muscle weighs more than fat so your body has to work harder and burn more calories to move muscle so you will burn more calories even when you aren't in the gym. Does that make sense?

Divide your body mentally into groups. Upper body muscles (arms and shoulders), midsection muscles (abs and chest), and lower body muscles (butt and legs). Then locate different machines in the gym that will work these muscles.

I found this free article with exercises for beginners using common gym machines. Hope this helps:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-beginners-machine-workout-for-women.html