Salad Dressings

Options
kj26boys
kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
Does anyone have a salad dressing recipe that doesn't include the following? Mayonnaise, miracle whip, mustard, vinegar, or sour cream. Sorry I have weird issues. I can have olive oil but only a small amount. I did try replacing lemon juice for vinegar once and didn't care for it much but I'm willing to try it again. Looking for what others might use. Thanks!

Replies

• CherBear1958
    CherBear1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't use salad dressings often. When I do, I use different combinations of avocado, lemon/lime/orange/grapefruit (basically citrus), sometimes berries, herbs, olive or other light tasting oli, and for a creamy base I use greek yogurt or a tofu product called better than sour cream. I have also mixed in a salsa sauce without vinegar (allergies to anything fermented or malted), usually something made in-store or Que Pasa brand. You could also make your own salsa sauce if you want. Hope this helps.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I make my own balsamic vinegar/oil all the time and just throw in random seasonings. Typically the longer it sits the better it is.

I also started making a ranch dressing with Greek yogurt that I like a lot.

Basically just take the Greek yogurt (larger container I believe around 4 cups total) and mix it with the dry ranch seasoning. Last time I made it I put two packets in to make it a little stronger.

You could also try using the zesty Italian dry seasoning as well but I don't know how that would taste.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    olive oil, lemon juice, maybe chopped garlic and or onions and whatever spices you fancy.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Carrot ginger dressing. Like a sushi resturant. Use a blender:

1 carrot
    1 quarter sized slice of ginger
    1 clove garlic
    1-2T soy sauce
    1 T onion diced
    2T- 1/4 cup water
    A little honey or a date if you want something sweet
    A drizzle of sesame oil (opt)
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'll try some of these.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I was going to say olive oil and lemon juice. Hmmmmm....how about greek yogurt and dill (thin it with a little water).
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Blitz up some dates, small finger of ginger, salt, pepper and water to make it the consistency you like. Sweet and spicy!
  • MelissaLong1984
    MelissaLong1984 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    using 0% greek yogurt has made my salads so much more exciting and delicious, i add things, sometimes a dash of worchestershire, sometimes herbs and seasonings, citrus juice and avocado and basil

hope that helps!
  • raima41
    raima41 Posts: 5
    Options
    I use avocado mayonaise: mix plain youghurt and avocado then can add whatever you want: garlic, herbs, chilly if you like hotter dishes.
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    there was one kale salad i had with some olive oil and a bit of maple syrup for some sweetness, but idk, if anybody knows the exact measurements, please post!
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i make a simple olive oil and lemon (or sometimes apple cider vinegar) dressing with sea salt, black pepper and whatever herbs strike my fancy (often dill). one can also add crushed garlic. the oil and lemon are about equal in amount. refridgerate. the oil will 'set' so you just run the container under some hot water and shake.