What affect does recording water consumption have?

Options
Hi

I was just wondering, what impact does recording water intake have on the diet? I tend to drink at least 5 cups a day anyway (I don’t drink tea or coffee and I very rarely drink fizzy drinks, so water is pretty much my only fluid intake – always has been – so I take it for granted that when I drink it’ll be water) and I always forget to record them, so if anyone were to read my diary they’d think I’m a cactus! Does it have any calculated affect atall?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think it only helps if you have trouble drinking water and need the reminder. I drink 4+ litres of water a day so I never track it, there's no point because I always hit my goal.
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, absolutely no effect whatsoever. It's just there to remind you to drink enough water! (I find it helpful, myself.)
  • pennyllayne
    pennyllayne Posts: 265
    Options
    Yep it's just there to keep track of your water intake, because some people like to know exactly how many glasses of water they've had. I tend to just go by thirst ;)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I guess it affects people differently. Water assists in my weight loss efforts.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_water.php
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I guess it affects people differently. Water assists in my weight loss efforts.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_water.php

I think the question isn't whether water helps lose weight, but whether *tracking* your water helps. Hence the answers "only if you aren't drinking enough and need a reminder"
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess you can tell I haven't had enough caffine yet.

I track to make sure I consume enough. If I run into an issue, it is easier to pinpoint the root cause.