Phones and Treadmills Don't Mix!!

Options
This is just short and sweet. Today I was at the gym in the cardio cinema on the treadmill and my phone blinged, I had mail! It was an MFP friend that left a message on my blog. I couldn't wait to see what she said so I started navigating to the site on my phone. before I knew it, I fell off the back of the treadmill!!!! LOL Thank goodness it was dark and the movie was loud. I don't text and drive and from know on, I'm not going to text on the Treadmill and advise all to please be careful. :D

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    OMG I hope you did not hurt yourself! I don't even walk and talk on phone. Then again sometimes I think I should not chew gum and walk at same time either!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Will heed that advice :tongue: Though I can barely take a drink of water while walking, let alone attempt to read :laugh: Now... could you elaborate on this cardio cinema? It sounds divine *curses living in a small town*
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Cardio Cinema?? And I thought the little TVs on the machines & the flat screens in the corners of the weight room were crazy! lol
  • goldspaula
    Options
    My gym has a movie theater but instead of regular seats the have tons of elilticals, treadmills, and stationary bikes. It is so cool.
  • ImCeltic
    ImCeltic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Youch! I hope it didn't hurt too much. I fell off of a treadmill once because I was starting to faint and ended up with a giant bruise from the treadmill arm on my chest. I learned that I really can't get up in the morning and go workout without at least eating a graham cracker with peanut butter on it. If you're like me, the embarrassment was the only real pain! I thought it was kind of funny and dumb at the same time.
  • goldspaula
    Options
    :D
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First of all, I hope you're ok.
    Second, I can soooo see myself doing that. I can't do 2 things at once. It's just too much for this little mind.
    Third, where is this cardio cinema? What a fantastic idea! I can watch a show while walking and before I know it...poof...30 minutes is gone! What a great way to get in a longer workout..