Sore Muscles

Options
So, I did a boot camp on Saturday, and I am still pretty sore today (Monday). I have a soccer game tonight; so, I was wondering if anyone knows any helpful remedies besides diet and stretching. Should I be taking ibuprofen or an Epsom salt bath?

Replies

• djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use Epsom salts in my bath (along with Radox Muscle Soak) I'm not sure if it really does help but it does seem to. I started resistance weight training Friday, and was sore Saturday/Sunday, had baths both days as above, and the soreness has almost gone. I am going again today, 36 mins cardio, 30 mins weights, I'll no doubt get the soreness back, but, no pain no gain.

PS I got my Epsom salts from Tesco Pharmacy, £1.50 per tub, lasts about 3-4 baths
  • amsipub
    amsipub Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also use my foam roller and my compression shorts when I have sore muscles.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I use epsom salts.. there are also aromatherapy ones that are very nice... I'll usually mix in regular salts with 2 packs of aromatherapy ones. I used them a few weeks back just b/c I wanted to take a bath and I had worked out the day before pretty rough. I noticed the following day that I wasn't nearly as sore as I had been in the past.. I say they help but they don't eliminate it completely. They're pretty cheap so it's worth a try at least once :smile:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Magnesium and fish oil
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Doms is part of it. Moving around will help, it'll get better! Skeleton Balm or Tiger Balm works wonders.