My One Year Anniversary

Options
dru8376
dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
One year ago today I joined MFP. This my story in a nutshell:

After getting the basics of the site, I went into the forums and introduced myself. The first person to befriend me was scottyg70 and he has been my friend ever since then. From time to time, he would give advice/support showing me the way to becoming a newer person.

Already owning a scale prior to joining MFP, I started at 318 lbs. I lost 52 lbs lost because my relationship ended. Each week, I would weigh myself and log it in. I then managed to lose another 51 lbs, all because I joined MFP, giving me a total of 103.2 lbs lost going from 318 to 214.8 lbs in one years time.

As I look back a year ago, I can tell you that I was a newb. A lot of things were done by trial and error, finding out what worked and what didn't work as far as logging in foods. Eventually, I started to get the hang of everything but something was still missing...exercise.

That is when I bought my Fibit Zip and this tiny little device motivated me to get my rear off the couch and get in an exercise. It also helped me determine my activity level was while at work. My exercise is simple: walking. I walk 3 miles in an hours time. I will do this at least 5 times a week.

Two thing's that I also cut out from having: Diet Coke and Fast Food.

This has been an incredible journey. I cannot forget all the friends that I have met during this past year. Some are still with me, some are gone. And now I have newer friends to watch and support me on my journey. A journey which still continues until I reach my goal in weight and seeing the BMI chart tell me I am no longer obese.
I know a lot of my success was due because of me but I cannot forget my dearest MFP friends who have helped me along the way and will continue to do so. I thank scottyg70, my freinds and MFP for changing me into the better person that I am.

Replies

• nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow. You have done amazing. What the difference a year makes x
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    As they say, "what a difference a year makes". Great job and thanks for sharing your story.
  • MindainVA83
    MindainVA83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay!! So proud of you!! :)
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! You are an inspiration to everyone. Thanks for keeping us all motivated with your daily humor.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've done amazing!!! :)

our stories are similar... my relationship ended in that year as well and that's when I began to lose weight and subsequently get healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • pamdsaul
    pamdsaul Posts: 17
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have made an awesome change in your life in just one year. That is a terrific weight loss!!!:smile:
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is great! congrats to YOU!!:smile:
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    What a great fitversary post! Thank you for sharing and inspiring us daily. Your commitment and dedication to a healthier you has given you great benefits and will continue to do so. Thanks for everything, you are a great MFP friend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!