Pissed at myself this morning

Options
Well I got on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh on to see a 1/2 lb gain. I know this is totally my fault as I overate most of the week and topped it off yesterday by going over by more than 1100 calories with sodium through the roof. I only made to the gym three times and the with the last one on thursday. It's time to re-dedicate myself to this effort. I'm trying to look at the positive side and tell myslef I am ahead of my initial goal of 2 lbs per week. What sucks though is since I missed my goal last week I gave a week back. I guess I am posting this to vent at myself.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuation is a normal process for everyone.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    We've all done it - just don't let it worry you. Back on it :)
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So glad to see that you are not planning on giving up. Sometimes we revert to bad eating habits, but the important thing is to straighten up as soon as possible before you gain more than a pound back, and start getting back into the healthy eating habit. You haven't done much damage.... just a temporary slow down.... best of luck to you... you can do this!!
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to get on the scales since my eating was completely out of control over the weekend.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Venting is fine...just don't be too hard on yourself. You are not a robot. You are losing and that is the main point. Today is a new day to start over fresh.
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's a reason TO GET ON THEM SCALES!!! don't be scared, well, do be scared, but don't be disheartened, weigh in, gain..lose...whatever, you know this week to work harder.

To OP, well done mate, 1/2 lb isn't much to worry about, back on it :)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Been there done that... The most important thing is you know where you messed up a little, now just get back on and go. Sometimes I think we need little speed bumps along the way to strengthen us. You can so do this. Just start again and stay focused. Best to you.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been there, today is a new day, and can be whatever you make it. Keep up the dedication, you will come out ahead!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You are thinking about this way too much. You know this is just from sodium, so just kick some butt this week, and wait for that nice extra large loss next week on the scale.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place. I am a rock during the week. Logging, weighing, resisting temptation, but the last couple of weekends I have crumbled for no real reason. I have been really proud of myself for jumping back in on Mondays, but my weight fluctuation is like 5 pounds because of sodium, margaritas, etc.
    It will go away by the end of the week, but then it is like I start all over again and my forward progress has really slowed.

I need to break this cycle! Good job for you for not giving up. WE CAN'T GIVE UP!
  • bugbldr
    bugbldr Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I turn 50 this fall and have a backcountry backpacking trip planned this summer. I have to get into shape. I feel so much better with the progress I've made so far and need to continue on.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Believe me, we've all been there, but the important thing is how you use your "pissedness". Use it to fire you up to stick to what you know works as your 30 lb. loss shows. You'll have more times that your weight will fluctuate but you can be more stubborn than the pounds!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle, you are going to have these moments!
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    So I came here because I thought the title was "Pissed on myself this morning" and was thinking "Man, at least someone else was as drunk as I was this morning!" :laugh:

Seriously, a 1/2 pound is nothing. You could sweat that off in no time. So move on and keep plugging away. If the scale keeps creeping up, then maybe you need to re-evaluate what's going on and take corrective action. Otherwise, don't beat yourself up over it.
  • RealityCheck2
    RealityCheck2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's always disappointing to let ourselves get overly excited, then miss out on what it was that we were being excited about to begin with. :(

I think its worth noting that you are choosing to forgive yourself and choosing to get back to taking care of yourself and your body's needs without a one month (or longer) punishment of yourself for that one disappointment.

I also think its worth noting that you still are able to admit to yourself that you had made a positive loss that week, even if not as big of one as you wanted.

Congratulations on still having gained that new muscle mass and on having smaller measurements for that 1/2 lb difference. I'm sure there's a body part somewhere that caught your attention, or didn't strain your clothes in the same way as before. ^^ I hope you reach your goals a little faster for learning to love yourself that extra bit!

Congratulations on your re-commitment! May your success continue to meet all your needs. ^^
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. This is a life change. Just go back to what you were doing before and keep on trucking. We are all human and will gain and lose here and there. You can definitely get back on track and kick fat's a** lol. Enjoy the process and be happy!
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I too overate this weekend so you are NOT alone - I was out of town visiting relatives and there were two dinners out and wine and desserts....back on track today though so far. I also didn't get a chance to exercise over the weekend (stupid motel touted an exercise room but one machine was ancient and the treadmill of course was broken!) so will do some extra these next few days. I even hate the way I feel right now - bloated and stuffed (probably thru the roof on sodium too over the weekend) so will really try to stay on track again. Good Luck!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    First: Stop being mad at yourself. You are a human (I assume) and these things happen. Just work on getting back on track.
    Second: Drink a lot of water.
    Third: To make an overall defict for your weekend add an extra 10 minutes of running/Walking or add more reps. Burn those calories that you ate this weekend.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I was up 3 pounds today from yesterday. Must have eaten a lot of salt.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Did...did you make poopie this morning? That might help...