Gluten Free Friends?

Options
I just found out that I am gluten intolerant so I would love mfp friends who are gluten free as I start on this new overwhelming diet change! :)

Replies

• nancym114
    Options
    I haven't been diagnosed as gluten intolerant but i have cut out wheat out of my diet for a week or so and my stomach doesn't make weird sounds or bloat anymore.

I guess we can be friends? haha :) I would love for you to share your favourite gluten free foods and ill also do the same after my research !:)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    no i still have gluten. mostly in my bra, but also a little in my trunk.
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Under Community if you click on groups, there's one called Gluten Free. I'm trying to cut out gluten to see if I feel better.:smile:

Michelle in Ohio.
  • myonlychoice
    myonlychoice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have not been tested for a gluten allergy but I often wonder if I tried to eliminate it from my diet if I would not feel better. Good luck with it. I am here to support you. Kat
  • madeleine123
    Options
    Hey, I found out that I was gluten intolerant when I was 16 - 6 years ago - and ever since I've felt a crazy amount healthier! The only downside to finally absorbing nutrients was a slight weight gain, which I'm happy to say I'm finally on top of!
    I'm now using mfp to maintain my weight, maybe lose just that little bit more, and continue to develop my fitness level off the scales.

It's definitely overwhelming, but if you stick with it, it'll change your life and only for the better! No more bloating, no more sleepless nights or bags under your eyes, the food begins to taste better because your body can absorb it! It's the best lifestyle change, and especially for somebody who needs it. Good luck, let me know if you need any recipes or help :D
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a wheat intolerance so avoid gluten as much as possible, also for diet and weight loss reasons, don't miss it at all!
    feel so much better without, still have it very occasionally if it is unavoidable, but overall I generally don't have it!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a gluten sensitivity (no allergy for me). I've been following GF and low-carb since January. Feel free to add me :)
  • felicitykicksbutt
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiac disease in July 2011. I've been gluten free ever since. Anyone is more than welcome to add me - I'm always here to support anyone who's gluten free or considering going gluten free :)
  • xvprimetimevx
    Options
    I've been gluten free for over a year now after finding out that I am intolerant to gluten after all these years of digestive issues. Please feel free to add me.
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!