My sweetpotato quesadilla recipe :)

Options
ginyspills
ginyspills Posts: 12 Member
Hello, little sweethearts. Here is the recipe for the quesadillas. Yuuuum!

Ingedients: 1 large sweet potato, 4 tortillas, 1 can refried black beans, 1 bag of shredded cheese (I used light swiss and was a lovely combo on the potatoes), 1small can sweet corn, 1 red pepper, 1 bunch cilantro (corriander), and ground red chili pepper (my friends at work don't like spicy, so feel free to throw in something with more kick if you like)

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Poke a few holes in the sweet potato with a fork, wrap in aluminum foil, and pop that tastey sucker in the oven. Takes about an hour before it's cooked all the way. I just press on it a bit to make sure it's soft before I take out.

2. Chop red pepper, saute in a bit of olive oil with a couple shakes of salt. Mix together in bowl with sweet corn, chopped cilantro, & sweet potato. (I used a spoon and scooped out the inside of the potato into the bowl.) 3 shakes of the red chii powder in the bowl as well for flavor ;)

3. Use knife to spread refried beans across half of tortilla. Spread potato mixture on top of beans. Sprinkle the cheese across the lot of it, fold over and cook on the stove-top in a hot sauce pan. About 2 minutes on each side :) We enjoyed with some fresh guacamole on the side! Enjoy everyone :-D Delicious!!!

Replies

• claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    yum I am making this.
  • VeronicaG2B
    VeronicaG2B Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Ingedients: 1 large sweet potato, 4 tortillas, 1 can refried black beans, 1 bag of shredded cheese (I used light swiss and was a lovely combo on the potatoes), 1small can sweet corn, 1 red pepper, 1 bunch cilantro (corriander), and ground red chili pepper (my friends at work don't like spicy, so feel free to throw in something with more kick if you like)

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Poke a few holes in the sweet potato with a fork, wrap in aluminum foil, and pop that tastey sucker in the oven. Takes about an hour before it's cooked all the way. I just press on it a bit to make sure it's soft before I take out.

2. Chop red pepper, saute in a bit of olive oil with a couple shakes of salt. Mix together in bowl with sweet corn, chopped cilantro, & sweet potato. (I used a spoon and scooped out the inside of the potato into the bowl.) 3 shakes of the red chii powder in the bowl as well for flavor ;)

3. Use knife to spread refried beans across half of tortilla. Spread potato mixture on top of beans. Sprinkle the cheese across the lot of it, fold over and cook on the stove-top in a hot sauce pan. About 2 minutes on each side :) We enjoyed with some fresh guacamole on the side! Enjoy everyone :-D Delicious!!!

That sounds delicious! I love sweet potatoes!
  • berfy
    berfy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Totally going to try this :)
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump, sounds delicious :)
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump for later ...
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! Black beans and sweet potatoes are always a good combo!
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Do you know the nutritional value off hand?
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good!
    Sweet potatoes are so delicious,
  • vwest66
    vwest66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do I add this to my recipes here? It will be my first!