NOT adding exercise

Options
Hi,

sorry if this has been asked already but is it possible to add your exercise to your daily plan BUT for it not to give additional calories? Or would it just be a case of adding it in the exercise notes bit? I want to keep track of my cal burned through exercise but don't want the calories added on to my daily limit; I don't want to eat them!

Thanks

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use the TDEE method so log my exercise as 1 cal burn. If you wanted to note your burn for personal reference you could log it in the notes but if you put it as 1 calorie it comes up on your feed without adding on calories. Hope this helps.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I agree. I just log mine as a time but with 0 calories burned. I wish there was a setting for MFP not to add them back into your daily allotment.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you;re going by MFP's settings, then you SHOULD be eating them back, because your daily goal already has you at a calorie deficit. Burning off more cals and not replacing them leaves you with a cavernous deficit, which can and likely will come back to bite ya in the long run.

But if you're doing the TDEE method, like many of us are, where exercise is already figured into your daily goal, then you can do what I do - log the exercise, description, time, cals burned either in the description or in the notes, but log the actual burn as .1 - MFP doesn't do the decimal, and it will log it as 0 cals burned.
  • l_s_85
    l_s_85 Posts: 5
    Options
    Ok thanks guys ????