Weekly vs. Daily nutrition goals

Options
Hi, I am doing well with my goal of logging all of my food each day and being more active. I am "baby-stepping" my way to health! My question is about my nutrition targets. Have any of you taken a weekly view of your nutrition rather than daily? For example, I walked 8 miles yesterday, so had a ton of calories left over by the end of the day that I didn't eat. I would like to eat (at least some of) them today. I'm thinking that will probably balance out in the long run.

How have others done managed this?

TIA!

Replies

• Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes, it's fine to look at it from a weekly perspective rather than daily. That's what I do and it works fine. I try to eat less calories during the week, just in case I go out and splurge over the weekend. :smile:
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I care far more about the big picture than the daily.
    I aim for a monthly average, as I see it as more realistic to how we live.
    And given that I hit the gym late at night, and should be trying to give my body materials to repair itself with after...well, I am not going to eat that 500 cals between 10:30pm and when I wake up, so eating it the next day, when my body is doing the repairs, makes sense to me.
    My goal for this month was to burn an average of 3000 cals per day. I have gone from a high of 3721 to a low of 2561...and averaged just under my 3000 cal goal (2992).
    During that I've eaten an average of 2493, with a low of 1744 and a high of 4166 (Alcohol may have been involved), averaging a 510 cal deficit, ranging from -1533 to +1090.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Often on busy exercise days it's difficult to eat all I've burned. You may also find like me that you need the extra more the next day.

The Weekly tab on the Nutrition page of the phone app makes it very easy to track your week's progress.
  • Erthlvr78
    Erthlvr78 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I didn't even realize there was a weekly tab!