will this help me lose 1 pound a week?

If I eat 1,300 calories a day and walk 2-4 miles a day? Could that make me lose 1 pound a week? or no because its not enough exercise? my meals will be this

breakfast- 2eggs and 2 pieces of sugar free bacon.

lunch- chicken breast with broccoli and an orange.

dinner- a salad chicken breast in it with tomatoes a few crotons and Italian dressing with a half cup of cheese.
and ill be drinking at least 8 cups of water a day.

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    1 lb a day or 1 lb a week?

Pretty big difference
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Losing one pound a week will happen when you eat 500 calories less than your TDEE. You should not try for an unhealthy rate of loss like one pound a day.

Find your TDEE here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Why the hurry?
  • kaylaheiser16
    kaylaheiser16 Posts: 15 Member
    1 pound a week I ment
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Have you tried the 5:2 diet?

Simply put you eat normal, no need to count calories 5 days a week.
    Then fast on the other 2 days, but not consecutively. Eg Monday and Thursday.
    By fasting eat only 500 calories on those 2 days.
    You will lose pounds every week, more importantly fat not muscle.

Yes the body goes into starvation mode on those 2 days which means it uses stored fats!!
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    A healthy eating is always best. That means eating right all the time. If you want weight loss then increase your cardio like a fast or brisk 2 miles. Increase your heart rate and break a sweat. This increases the fat burning mechanisms in your body with the right balance of foods.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Have you tried the 5:2 diet?

Simply put you eat normal, no need to count calories 5 days a week.
    Then fast on the other 2 days, but not consecutively. Eg Monday and Thursday.
    By fasting eat only 500 calories on those 2 days.
    You will lose pounds every week, more importantly fat not muscle.

Yes the body goes into starvation mode on those 2 days which means it uses stored fats!!

The 5:2 diet works very well for some people and is a terrible idea for others. I don't want to discourage the OP from trying it if they're interested, but this particular description of it is oversimplified. You do still need to track calories the other 5 days a week, and you should be eating your maintenance calories those days, or you risk wiping out the deficit that you're creating on the 2 low calorie days. Your body does not go into starvation mode on the low calorie days. There's no magic to the diet. You lose weight because it's a way of creating a weekly calorie deficit.