30ds Success-What size weights did you use?

Options
mdove3411
mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
I am on day 5 of 30ds. I was wondering for those of you who have had success with this dvd what size weights did you use? Also, what were your results by using that size weight?

Replies

• dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 30DS. I'm on Level 2 (day 12 of 30). I use 3 and 5 pound hand weights. I use the 5's for everything except the anterior raises on Level 1 and the V-flies on Level 2, for those I use the 3's. I will up it to 5's eventually for those moves, just need to get more strength. I'm going to do the full 30 days with these 2 weights, but I will definitely be getting some 8 pounders before I do it again as I am starting to find some of the moves quite easy. Sometimes, I grab my 3 pound weights and use them even when the workout doesn't call for it; mixes it up a bit and adds more of a challenge. On my first round of 30 DS (last spring), I lost about 10 pounds, and a total of 8 inches! On this round, I have lost 1 pound so far (I weighed on Day 9) and another 2 inches in total. I really notice more muscle definition in my arms doing this workout and also a big difference in my butt! :smile:
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used 5 lb for most. Moved up to 8's for level 3. Lost 12 pounds.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have been doing level one for 10 days (not everyday though)...I use 8 lbs weights for all the exercises. The first day was hard, but then by the 3rd day I could do more,a nd now I can do the 8 lbs pretty easily without struggling. Going to bump it to 10 lbs. ..
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start tomorrow . I have tried this before and didn't get very far. I'm hoping I can do it this time...
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    5 then 7.5lbs. Done the shred a few times

First round I lost 8lbs I think and 20in @183lbs, second round wasn't as drastic but brought me closer to what I wanted to look like
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I started with three pounds.

Second time through I'm doing 5lbs and one of them I use 10lbs. They didn't have 8lbs when I bought them or I would have gotten those. I need something in the middle.

Those v-flies are hard for me. I struggle with the 5lbs when I do those.
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I used 3 pound weights (1.5kg) and could have done with getting something a couple pounds heavier towards the end of the shred. I lost 12.1lbs and 17.5 inches overall from my body.
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use 5lbs and 8lbs.
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had 2lbs (1kg), 3lbs (1.5kg) and 4.5lbs (2kg) weights and used them as needed and if I had to start with the lowest I always tried to move up later on
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    For the 30 DS - I only have the 1KG weights available. I lost 4 kilos for two rounds of 30DS.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!