Dance Dance Revoultion Workout

Options
I have a question for anyone whom uses DDR as a workout routine.

This is my primary source of exercise so it is important that I have accurate data. I purchased a Scosche Mytrek Heart Rate Monitor and used it today to verify that my workout data is correct in the game. I have my correct weight configured but I found that there was a 100% discrepancy between the two.

For a 15 minute moderate intensity (10 song) workout I normally do around 300 calories according to the workout mode data on the game. My Heart Rate Monitor output was only 150 calories.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations? I am considering that I perhaps have been adding the wrong output this entire time, which has me very disappointing with Konami if they are not accurate.

What are your thoughts? Does anyone else use a heart rate monitor while playing DDR?

Thanks!

Replies

• angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • SparklyDisaster
    SparklyDisaster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looooove DDR!! I just purchased a Polar something HRM, and plan on testing it out with DDR tonight.

Using DDR's workout info, it takes me about 30-45 minutes of dancing to hit 200 calories. I weigh 160.

I would like to believe the HRM is more accurate. However, I'm no expert. ;) I'll try to remember to post my results tonight after my workout for another comparison for you.
  • KatyRu
    KatyRu Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The HRM is definitely more accurate! I use Dance Dance Revolution on days that I can't get out of the house, and the HRM is super helpful (I have a Polar FT7 I believe...not sure about the model, but I THINK it's an FT7). I would recommend using the HRM every time you use Dance Dance Revolution as a work out. It's far more accurate, as that's what it's made for.