One Month Progress

Options
Actually, less than a month, but I just felt I had to share, especially for all the other newbies like me who can get so discouraged. When I started here at MFP I weighed 217, and I had measurements of 50-48-52. In the past 24 days on the site, I've been trying really hard to log everything, and sometimes got really discouraged at weight fluctuations. I am one of those people who can't go without weighing themselves, and every pound drop seemed to be followed by an increase, two steps forward, one step back. However, today I took my measurements again, and I was shocked. 24 days of logging, even with only going to the gym on weekends, and my measurements had really changed. Today when I measured, I found myself at 49-45.5-49.

That means in 24 days of dedication while eating "normal" food instead of rice cakes and slim fast, I lost an inch off of my bust, two and a half from my waist, and three from my hips. So to everyone out there getting discouraged, from someone who struggled with eating disorders and weight for years, MFP CAN work, and don't get discouraged. You don't have to fall into fasting, starving or cleanses. When I started here I was looking for a thing to make it work, some Dr. Oz-ian, infomercial kind of instant health, five foods to never eat, or eat this and all will be well. This...works better than any of that. You just have to stick with it.

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Woo! way to go =)
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!
  • creedman3
    creedman3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just started again so it's good to see someone who is able to get off to a great start like you. Let's post on here in another month on our successes.
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your dedication is showing results! Great work! I know you feel good today :^)
  • rhonda6373
    Options
    Wonderful job, very inspiring!
  • calico_cat
    calico_cat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep at it! :)
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That is outstanding,I restarted today AGAIN and before I never measured and this time I did I hope I do as well as you. I also weigh myself daily cant resist ,and get discouraged easily May I add you on my friends list?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!