haven't gained but belly looks bigger

Options
I've set up my account and I'm set ti sedentary with .5 lbs to lose since I'm really close to goal. I've been eating between 1500-1750 even though mfp says to eat 1250. I've been strength training 2-3 times a week. I haven't gained weight maybe a few ounces, but my belly has been looking huge! Is it possible to gain weight in my belly and not have it show on the scale? Silly to ask, but I'm serious lol

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    fat tends to come off of the belly last, so if you have gotten smaller everywhere else then it can make it look like your belly is bigger

could also be bloat
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Take a poop!!!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I know when I first started losing weight I was losing on my sides and my legs and back and I was losing inches but my stomach looked like it stuck out more or it was more obvious because I was thinner around it . I bet if you keep going you will start to lose it or it could just be bloating?
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing this too but like others said its cause belly is the last to go
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Dito what everyone else is saying, other parts of you body being smaller its giving the optical illusion of having a bigger belly, don't worry keep at it and it will go soon.