Embarrassed and Terrified - I cannot do this alone

Options
Hey there Everyone

I was on this just a little under 2 years ago and lost 27lbs and then gained a fair bit of it back because I believed I could do it on my own. I tried again to come on MFP and with year end at work and personal stuff going on it my life, well I let the all the EXCUSES get the best of me and blamed the excuses and not myself. I have been wanting to come back on here for weeks now but was embarrassed as I felt like I let people down. I am terrified that I will never be able to get where I would like to be. I am not dieting but rather changing my lifestyle and with that losing the weight. I am a snacker not an eating and that is the hard part.

I am reaching out for all your support, encouragement and potentially butt kicking on this. I need to do this, and want to be there to support you all as well.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hey there Everyone

I was on this just a little under 2 years ago and lost 27lbs and then gained a fair bit of it back because I believed I could do it on my own. I tried again to come on MFP and with year end at work and personal stuff going on it my life, well I let the all the EXCUSES get the best of me and blamed the excuses and not myself. I have been wanting to come back on here for weeks now but was embarrassed as I felt like I let people down. I am terrified that I will never be able to get where I would like to be. I am not dieting but rather changing my lifestyle and with that losing the weight. I am a snacker not an eating and that is the hard part.

I am reaching out for all your support, encouragement and potentially butt kicking on this. I need to do this, and want to be there to support you all as well.

You can do it.

Read this link and all of the links in it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?page=1#posts-16625920
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! I have been logging in everyday for almost two years but I can tell you I haven't been doing well for 2 years... I have gained 15-20lbs back since September.... and my wedding is in just over 2 months.... If you are motivated to do it then go for it.... Don't be embarrassed. we all slip up. I am a snacker too and it is my downfall... I have started making better snack choices... Kale chips are my thing because potato chips and dip are my downfall. Start by trying to make different snacking choices. You will get to where you want to be. And don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day, or bad meal even. :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Take new before photos & measurements, and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You have to really want it--for yourself, not others. If you slip, it hurts you. So get going, no excuses, and do it slow, but sure. That's the only way to get anywhere and stay there for good.
  • witchboots
    witchboots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me. Two plus years ago I lost 33% of my body weight and felt great! I have since gained almost all of it back. I just joined the Jillian Michaels diet bet Ripped in 30 hoping to motivate myself. I try to explain how I feel to my boyfriend (for the last two years) but don't get understanding he just worries. Hard to make him understand when he is naturally thin and close to MY goal weight. I feel your pain and understand your emotions. Now that we have acknowledged them we can move on. We will get past this and we will succeed. I truly believe that. Just know you are making the right steps.
  • britt7797
    britt7797 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! The good news is you don't have to do this alone! You can do it, Everyone tells me I can do it... and some days i feel like i just want to crawl away and hide... my weight has gone up and down, I get super proud then super discouraged... But at this point all i can do is keep trying...So if you ever need to talk to someone in the same boat or need to just talk :) Making friends helps lots of things and i think this is one of those things that it can be helpful in
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    you don't have to go it alone.....we are all here working towards the same goal.....I have been here since January 2012, just with a different name....I was 172lb when I started....got down to 118lb.....but I had very little muscle tone...and I guess I was what they call "skinny fat"....I started lifting in June 2013....and I'm back up to 130lb....probably because of lifting but I still want to get back to 120lb....so I'm trying to lose the last 10-12lb......by the way, I'm 5'3"....and I will be 44 in May!!!!!.....feel free to add me....I'm on here every day.....:)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You're here now, you realize that you need some help with your journey, and you're wanting to change. Nothing there to be embarrassed about. :drinker:
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    2 years ago i was on here and lost 25 lbs… and I've gained it all back. RESET!!! Here I am again. OMW to my goal! Lets do this!
  • TypicalTee
    Options
    Totally needed to hear this. Most times I feel like I am the ONLY person in the world with these thoughts and I have to realized that it's okay to reach out and it's okay that I have off days (just trying to to wallow in self pitty).

Thanks again for this :)
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just because you didn't succeed the last time doesn't mean you won't succeed this time. With every attempt at losing we learn something new that we didn't know before. With this new knowledge we learn what works and doesn't work THIS time. ALL of us slip up, but don't think that just because you've slipped up (now or in the past) that you can't get right back on and try, try again!! We're here for you and we all need support and can learn from one another.
  • harley97ya
    Options
    I was going to say you CAN do this but it occurs to me, since you are here, you ARE doing this! This takes so much self discipline and as I said, you're here, looking for support.... that means you ARE DOING THIS!! Have a wonderful day!!
  • spatino805
    spatino805 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too have struggled with gaining, losing , and then gaining again. At least you are back on MFP looking to make a change. You can DO IT! No, it is not easy, and takes a lot of work and discipline but you can do it!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You don't have anything to be embarrassed and terrified about so don't kick yourself that way. I don't know anyone who rode this rodeo only once before getting it right. Tomorrow is a new day to start over with a new attitude.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. Welcome back.
  • SSBearPop
    SSBearPop Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you, girl! You got this.
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! I wish you the very best of luck and don't be afraid to reach out for support!