What exercises burn calories quickly

Options
Hi, well I was just wondering of any quick calorie burner exercises. So far I've heard of
- Swimming (which I cannot do for personal reasons)
- Plank (which I do try and do it)
- Aerobics (but I do not know what aerobics exercises are) any ideas?
- Running ( i only do in home)
So please help ? Thank you:happy:

Replies

• kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    If you have a treadmill you can do a brisk pace walk 3.3 or faster on the steepest incline and it burns almost as much as running.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    skipping rope
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    OMG. Sweetie fo get the exercise and go eat something. Anoexia is not something to play with. Sub-100 lbs is not perfection- it's dangerous. Stop logging and get back to the doctor.
  • Fatanorexic
    Options
    Thank you- I do not have a treadmill but when I go to the gym I'll make sure to go on one but I normally go on slightly faster but thanks:D
  • Fatanorexic
    Options
    Hey. Thanks for warning me about anorexia but I have been battling with it since I was 12.
    I am only asking these exercises to get more healthy and toned rather than what I am now. I am classed as a healthy weight right now :)
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    What are your goals? Your profile says you are five foot six and 117 pounds - so what is your desired outcome?

I think the best thing for me has been circuit training class at the gym. I get cardio with the strength training in one. Oh, and I'm sore for the next two to three days!!!! There are lots of videos (on netflix or free from the library) that show you how to do circuit training routines.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I agree with meg. This is not healthy. According to your ticker, you are trying to lose quite a bit more weight and that is very dangerous. I'm about the same height as you, and I know that if you get any smaller, you will be under-weight. If you want to keep logging, fine, but work on being healthy. Do you attend some sort of counseling? An eating disorder is no joke. I hope you are talking to someone. :/
  • StephieAmber
    Options
    Circruit training is great, but I've read (and hoping it works b/c its what I'm using) that intervals are really good too. I guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight, so the intervals are good for that. If you're trying to tone then I'd be less worried about burning calories and more into strength training (which btw, increasing your muscle mass increases your BMR which naturally burns more calories)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be highly judgemental or anything but I'm not even quite 5' 2" and I wouldn't want to weigh under 100 pounds. I am a little baffled that you are highly aware of anorexia and how dangerous being that small can be, and yet you continue to put yourself through all of that. I hate to say it but being that small will not make you perfect. You are probably perfect the way you are right now. Hell, 116 is my goal weight. I know that comparing each other doesn't really make much sense but this post really bothered me. I hope you are healthy and happy with yourself and realize that "perfection" doesn't really exist, but toning up a bit couldn't hurt. But then again, you'd probably weigh more gaining muscle from toning up. I say good luck to you on your journey, I really hope you reconsider and learn to live and love life.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    1) Quick Calorie Burn exercises are not about getting toned. You want to get toned you need to use strength training, with weights and these exercise are not quick calorie burns.

2) I see you have been battling anorexia. I also see that you are logging less than 200 cals a day which is not enough for any type of weight loss and your weight loss goal is an additional 25 or so lbs- which would not be a healthy weight.

Trust me at 5'6" - 117 is pushing the low weight. But if you really want to tone, you should work your way up to eating a healthy amount of calories a day with a sensible workout program- designed for maintenence- NOT losing and not so focused on a high calorie burn unless you intend to eat the calories you exercise off. I stand by what I said- I think your user name and profile back me up.
  • mckenzie330
    mckenzie330 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30-day shred! You can google it and downlload it for only 10 dollars online! INcredible...it's helped me lose 6-8 and I'm onlly just starting level 2 (there are 3 levels). Great program. Good luck!!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    You won't get toned if you aren't eating enough. Body builders and muscle is built out of mass and mass healthy consumption. The more you work the more untoned you will become not eating enough.

And even on a small frame at 5'6" you are considered under weight at 117.
  • Photoplex
    Photoplex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    * You have a daily calorie goal of 550 calories...

* You're 5'6, you weigh 117lbs, and want to lose 30 more?!

* You have an acute psychological problem that you need to have addressed before you kill yourself
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I just did a quick review of what your diary said and you are going about this all wrong. I read your post that you have battled anorexia, but you have not learned proper eating habits through your battle and "recovery". Your body is very likely in starvation mode and you will only lose muscle mass if you keep up like you are. Any days that you eat slightly more will result in a gain.

Please, read up on proper eating habits and eat a minimum 1200 calories a day. You might gain the first little while until your metabolism recovers, but them you will be losing weight a healthy way. If your body doesn't want to lose more, you need to be satisfied with that. Your target goal of 90 pounds is so unhealthy, no matter what your body style. You'd be amazed at how different you'd look if you focused on toning and building lean muscle rather than just a number on a scale. I hope you listen to what everyone has said here and deal with this before you do irreparable harm to your body and organs.:noway:
  • christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    running on Treadmill. I love it!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I smell a troll.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request. Good luck in your getting healthy journey.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    roller blading... i burn 1000 calories an hour intensely roller blading at an indoor rink... move your arms with your strides... does wonders
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    1- Get to a doctor asap
    2- I am a recovered anorexic myself....I weigh 90 pounds (I'm very small framed and only 5 feet tall)....and I'm under a doctors recomendation for my goals. My ideal weight is 95-110 pounds. I have struggled with anorexia for over 13 years...my body physically cannot put on weight easily...nor will yours if you continue to harm yourself.
    3- If you want to tone up...you HAVE to eat...you cannot build muscle on the amount of food you are eating.

*PM me if you want to chat.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi, well I was just wondering of any quick calorie burner exercises. So far I've heard of
    - Swimming (which I cannot do for personal reasons)
    - Plank (which I do try and do it)
    - Aerobics (but I do not know what aerobics exercises are) any ideas?
    - Running ( i only do in home)
    So please help ? Thank you:happy:

You are not eating enough to have to worry about burning any calories at all. 500/600 calories per day goal is not enough to keep you healthy.

If you insist on trying to burn those calories on such a measly daily intake, you are heading for a heart attack, failed kidneys and failure of other internal organs, some of which will cause irreversible damage.

However, if you have battled Anorexia for a number of years, you already know all that - but although you may know it, you have learned not a lot.

Get your head sorted before you go any further, get some nutrition inside you, two egg whites and little else in one of your days is asking for disaster.