T25 Gamma phase - P90x3

Options
Hey everyone :D. So yesterday i finished week 4 of T25 beta phase (double workout phew ), which means that i have one week left till i finish beta! So i was thinking wether i should continue with t25 and do gamma phase or would it be better to start p90x3? Some questions i wanted to ask:
1) what does gamma phase mainly focus on?
2) has anyone tried p90x3, what do you think of it?

Some information about me :
5'5 - 120 lbs. just looking to get rid of some belly fat and get some definition.

Replies

• Lobnakhaled
    Lobnakhaled Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bummmpp
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options
    Bumppp
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options
    bumppp :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    not sure, curious on answers. I just started t-25 :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :D. So yesterday i finished week 4 of T25 beta phase (double workout phew ), which means that i have one week left till i finish beta! So i was thinking wether i should continue with t25 and do gamma phase or would it be better to start p90x3? Some questions i wanted to ask:

5'5 - 120 lbs. just looking to get rid of some belly fat and get some definition.

JUst saw that you are the same height as me! what was your starting weight? What kind of results did you get? I'm currently 128 and my goal is 124-125. Wondering if that's do-able with this plan :) oh and how many calories were you at?
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I did all three phases. Didn't mind Gamma, but it's more about strength on the third month. I had good results, 15 pounds and 12 inches gone, but got bored in the last month. I'd save the money and buy a new program, like X3 :wink:
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options

JUst saw that you are the same height as me! what was your starting weight? What kind of results did you get? I'm currently 128 and my goal is 124-125. Wondering if that's do-able with this plan :) oh and how many calories were you at?

Yeah, i started at 128 lbs and i'm down to 120 :D i was eating at 1200 cals and was'nt really following the 40/40/20 but i started following it in beta and it made a big difference in toning my body :D.
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options
    I did all three phases. Didn't mind Gamma, but it's more about strength on the third month. I had good results, 15 pounds and 12 inches gone, but got bored in the last month. I'd save the money and buy a new program, like X3 :wink:

Congrats :D i already have gamma but i just wanted to know if it was worth my time or would it not affect toning my belly .
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    I think Gamma was the best one out of all 3 phases. I am on my 2nd week of P90X3, and I am definitely not challenged like I was with Gamma, but I'm sure it will get tougher as the workout schedule changes!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I didn't like gamma I thought it worked the same muscle group day after day. I only did 2 weeks and stopped. I am doing Jillian Michaels body revolution and heavy lifting with running twice a week. I haven't done p90x3 but it looks awesome.
  • kdawwg
    kdawwg Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello! Just finished P90X3 and started it right back up again! It is an awesome program, THRILLED with my results! Can't wait to see what another 90days brings! Belly area is where I noticed everything the most! Hope that helps!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I bought Gamma (on Ebay) so it was worth it for me at a discount, but I wouldn't pay full price. I like Speed 3.0 and something called Pyramid which is strength but different than your usual lifting. The rest seemed repetitive of the past but slightly harder in moves. It's supposed to be a compliment I feel to the rest, not another separate workout. There is not enough cardio for me to do it alone.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have been debating getting gamma. i finished t25 in the last fall and loved it... then i went back onto clx until x3 came out. i have been doing x3 all of this year so far ( with a few interruptions ) but i am not finding i am getting results... so i have debated gamma again as i loved t25. i am just not into x3 as much.. i do it but don't enjoy it as much ... i am just worried i won't get out of it what i want/ need... like the results i got from clx!
  • debraran1
    Options
    These 2 reviews show it pretty well. Gamma is more strength than cardio but still good workouts.

http://toddhunterreport.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/focus-t25-gamma-review/

http://dysfunctionalparrot.com/health-and-fitness/focus-t25-gamma/
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    thx for that. hummmm so not a stand alone program they say? I wasn't planning on completely re doing the entire program just to add in some strength from gamma? maybe i'll start off with beta and not alpha, get 4 weeks of beta in and then go to gamma? i was hoping it was something i could just do on it's own in between programs just to keep my strength up...
  • debraran1
    Options
    I did alpha one time through to see what it was like and then jumped to Beta. I have to admit though I always did something else at least 2 days a week for cardio. I was a little disappointed that Gamma had some many burpees for Speed 3.0 just because I like more variety, but the strength was definitely a step up. Sometimes you have to tweak a workout to make it fit you.