all calories created equal?

Options
I have been doing well with not going over my cals. Before I started MFP I was careful about what I ate. Which I always felt restricted and ended up binging on the wrong things anyway. But since starting MFP I feel more freedom about what I eat, I can have some sugar and treats, I just have to stay in my cals. But I am starting to worry that I will take it too far. I enjoy healthy eating, but I love sweets too. I don' t want to go overboard on the wrong kind of cals.
Any advice?
MK

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I have been doing well with not going over my cals. Before I started MFP I was careful about what I ate. Which I always felt restricted and ended up binging on the wrong things anyway. But since starting MFP I feel more freedom about what I eat, I can have some sugar and treats, I just have to stay in my cals. But I am starting to worry that I will take it too far. I enjoy healthy eating, but I love sweets too. I don' t want to go overboard on the wrong kind of cals.
    Any advice?
    MK
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    In ur case the calories isnt what you should worry about, maybe take a look at how much sugars or fats you are consuming, if you are eating more of those than you should, even while staying within your calories, it may become harder for you to lose weight. High calorie snacks such as nuts which are also high in fat are different ( all in moderation)
  • klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think that may be the cause of my plateau... not sticking to the recommended fat and sugar calories... definitely something to think about!