Snack Ideas

Options
Hey guys, I find that I can easily stay within my daily calorie allottment but I go significantly over on my sugar everyday. I am wondering if anyone has ideas for either sugar free or low sugar snacks. I'd love to hear what you all eat between meals!

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am in need of some snack ideas as well. Would love to hear what yall eat
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    bump
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    pickles
    green olives
    laughing cow cheese wedges, I use blue cheese, and spread it on celery
    carrots and hummus, or celery and hummus
    nuts
    quinoa cooked with veggies, small amount

I do make other snacks, like small servings of "pumpkin fluff" (lots of recipes online) or Jello Mousse Dark Chocolate Decadance (60 cal), but those are carb-based.

A few ideas there for you.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You know what, I was going over on my sugar significantly everyday as well. An orange has like 14g sugar & an apple has like 11g. I am only allotted 28g sugar per day on here. I came to the conclusion that natural sugar is good for you & I wasn't even gonna track my sugar anymore unless in the future I stop losing weight. Then I will adjust at that time.
  • ready2losew8
    Options
    I like to eat snacks that already come prepared in a single serving, such as applesauce, pudding, string cheese, etc. This helps keep me from overeating, plus I can't cook lol. Hope this helps :)
  • Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like apple wedges with a piece of string cheese, or some gluten free crackers (15 per serving!) and some hummus. Or, almonds-roasted with no salt and string cheese!

I also go way over my sugar, but I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, so I don't feel too bad about it!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Cut out processed foods....it will greatly reduce your sugar intake. I don't worry about sugar that comes from fruits (others disagree on this but it's personal oppinion).

Greek style yogurt
    Nuts
    Veggies/fruits
    Meat or meat substitutes
    Whole grains (popcorn is a great snack as long as it's the real stuff and not microwave crud)