The smell of shagging is in the air

Options
pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
Bradford Pear trees are in full bloom in the south. Yes, I have one in the front yard and it smells. If you don't know the smell then you haven't been around one. To me it smells like rotting fish but, some would say it smells like...umm, well...it rhymes with sea men. To top it off, they are all around the neighborhood so the entire neighborhood has this shagging odor.

Replies

• EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the play-by-play?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    if you saw a few of my neighbors, you definitely wouldn't want the play by play. lol
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    There is one right next to my parking spot at work and it smells awful.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Is it edible?
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    No it blooms, makes a mess, then if not trimmed properly it will split. I HATE those trees about as much as I hate Pine trees.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    No it blooms, makes a mess, then if not trimmed properly it will split. I HATE those trees about as much as I hate Pine trees.

I ordered a small tornado to take all of mine "outta this world." Mother nature can be cooperative on occasion. I made a video of the thing too:

giphy.gif
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to decide if this thread is what I thought it'd be about or if I've been rused again.

11562606843_031c9847b6_o.jpg
  • myuhmaya
    myuhmaya Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cum trees are the worst!
  • Ninguneado77
    Options
    Cum trees are the worst!

don't like it?...
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    They're not blooming here in Knoxville yet, but I'm bracing myself and hoping that the inevitable loss of smell from spring allergies will offset the smell. :cry:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    857814.gif
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    qyAoOxg.gif
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language
    No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.