Doing this right?

Options
Ok so before this I have already lost almost 100lbs but I've been stuck in the same general weight for a year .. And then in sept I decided to go back to school and gained about 15 lbs over 6 months. Anywho I noticed I was back to old habits and nipped it in the bud and got back on track. Then got this app to continue to help to be aware of my calorie intake (tracking helps me big time). And it says around 1500 should be my daily intake. I sometimes have trouble eating that much but I don't go under 1200. I've also now incorporated 15-25 mins of high intensity cardio and some arm strengthening exercise. As well I go to the pool once a week. I've been tracking for 27 days and am down four lbs. I'm very big on loosing slowly because It's better for keeping it off. And although loosing weight makes me happy and I wanna be smaller my main goal is to have a healthy lifestyle and for it to become more less like work. So far am I doing this right?

Replies

• dizzyupdreams
    dizzyupdreams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think the same thing, that you should lose slowly instead of trying to go big right off the bat.
  • drocknoel
    drocknoel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're off to a really good start! My only suggestion right now would be to incorporate more than just arm workouts. I'd recommend finding a total body routine you're comfortable with so you can build strength equally and keep doing your high intensity cardio. You already have a great mindset in that you know that it will come naturally with living a healthy lifestyle, and that is a huge part of the battle! Good luck! :D
  • sarahclarke122
    Options
    I know and I want to make sure I'm doing this right and not wasting time with the wrong methods.
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wtg Sarah!! Feel free to add me, but I have a long way to go. Still want to lose about 60
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    it says around 1500 should be my daily intake. I sometimes have trouble eating that much but I don't go under 1200

Don't try to hit daily targets... what matters is if you're meeting your macro (and as a result your calorie) amounts for the week.
  • sarahclarke122
    Options
    Ummmm .. I have no idea what that means. Lol please elaborate.