P90X3 friends needed

Options
Hi Everyone :) I am 52 and new here. I just started P90X3, want to lose about 25 lbs. Main focus is to eat healthy and workout. I quit working out for the last three years and I guess that is what happens lol
Anyway anyone who wants to join me is very welcome.

Replies

• acgates1
    acgates1 Posts: 1
    Options
    just starting p90x3 tomorrow myself 44 and 25 lbs over weight too hope to get in shape for San Destin in for july luv to join ya.:bigsmile:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am 37 and am re doing block 2 in p90x3.
  • kornpopper
    Options
    count me in
    im 50ish
    need to lose 39 pounds
  • matlockcorley
    matlockcorley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started today. I'm 34 and trying to lose 10 lbs. We started with Dynamix and it wasn't so bad although I am VERY happy it's only 30 minutes :-)
  • AngJac77
    AngJac77 Posts: 37
    Options
    I added you all :) We can do this :) Should I start a group or just use the news feed?
  • harleygal4141
    Options
    Count me in too Please. Just lost ten lbs and about 20 to go .
  • kdawwg
    kdawwg Posts: 14
    Options
    I just finished P90X3 and started again! LOVE IT!!! I'm thrilled with my results are super passionate about P90X3 Let me know if you have any questions!
  • lin7604
    Options
    what kind of results did you get? how many cals were you eating?
  • kdawwg
    Options
    I'm thrilled with my results! I've seen more definition and tone then I ever have! I lost 8lbs but it seems like so much more - I've never seen toning like this before! I'm so excited!
  • kdawwg
    Options
    Also, i was eating between 1300 and 1600 calories.....
  • lin7604
    Options
    humm. hope i do.. nothing yet....
  • knovara07
    knovara07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been dieting and exercising for about 3.5 months. I am down 27lbs. However, I am nervous I am going to plateu soon. I am trying to lose a total of 60lbs. My workout routine is very simple: 3.5 miles on the treadmil speeds ranging from 3.5mph-5.2mph. Sometimes Ill slow down to 1.5mph with an incline of 4 and do lunges for 2 mins. After that I lift (12lbs weights), squats (using 25lb weights), leg press (100lbs) and abs. Any ideas on how to change this?

Thanks,
    Kait
  • meglizbo
    meglizbo Posts: 42
    Options
    I just did day one today!
  • AngJac77
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been dieting and exercising for about 3.5 months. I am down 27lbs. However, I am nervous I am going to plateu soon. I am trying to lose a total of 60lbs. My workout routine is very simple: 3.5 miles on the treadmil speeds ranging from 3.5mph-5.2mph. Sometimes Ill slow down to 1.5mph with an incline of 4 and do lunges for 2 mins. After that I lift (12lbs weights), squats (using 25lb weights), leg press (100lbs) and abs. Any ideas on how to change this?

Thanks,
    Kait

Hi Kait....there are probably a lot more knowledgeable peeps on here than me but....I would say there are a handful of very important basic movement patterns including squats, lunges (split squats), dead lifts, rows, pull-ups, chest presses, and shoulder (overhead) presses that should be included in every workout plan. If you could incorporate any or all of these and pushups are always good. You could go all out on the treadmill for a min then slow down for 30 secs or so and keep alternating that for however long you do the treadmill. Oh and there are probably lots of workouts on you tube also that you may find helpful....I know just changing it up every few months helps.
  • lwhite0503
    lwhite0503 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X3 this week, today will be week 1, day 3. So far I love it! Feel free to friend me!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I just did day one today!

Me too! I'm 48 ( 49 on Saturday) and have about 7 pounds to lose. I loved Total Synergistics today. Can't wait for tomorrow.
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've done a few beachbody programs (lost 64 pounds doing p90x and insanity hybrids) and now I'm doing X3 Classic. I'm just in month 1 rest week, if you want to drop me a friends request, that'd be awesome
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of Phase 2. Did All of Tony's stuff. I love it. P90, P90 Master Series, twice. P90X, three times. P90X2, didn't care for but did it. Now P90X3, and i like it again. Tried Shaun T and T25, no thanks... Also adding Body Beast to move towards weights.

Watch out for Triometrics... All of his full on plyo routines are hell on your knees. Unless you're 20 and in good shape... lol...
  • AngJac77
    Options
    I'm at the end of Phase 2. Did All of Tony's stuff. I love it. P90, P90 Master Series, twice. P90X, three times. P90X2, didn't care for but did it. Now P90X3, and i like it again. Tried Shaun T and T25, no thanks... Also adding Body Beast to move towards weights.

Watch out for Triometrics... All of his full on plyo routines are hell on your knees. Unless you're 20 and in good shape... lol...

Ya I got T25 too and no thanks....hopefully my knees will hold up my left one does give me trouble sometimes :) I have most of tonys stuff too like his the best.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Be careful with that P90X, it worked too fast for a buddy of mine. Here, i have a pic.....

p90xdoughboy.jpg