new to my fitness pal, how does everybody like this app?

Options
Hello, I'm new to this and I'm wondering how ppl like this app. Are there any tips you can give me?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    love it! Welcome and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When you start logging your calories you will see what a wonderful tool it is to help you lose weight! (I use the iphone app to log when I am away and it is great! I like the way it easily integrates with mfp online! )

You will find some many people here who are willing to support you in your goals- whatever they may be. Welcome!
  • beautifulbasara
    Options
  • ready2losew8
    Options
    Welcome! Personally, I love this app. I am a newbie too, but my best advice is get to logging right away. It was amazing to me how many calories I was actually taking in even on days I thought I was eating well. A tip regarding this I received from others is to log your food before you eat it to make sure it fits into your goals for the day. If you end up being over, get out there and exercise. Good luck with your weight loss goals, you can add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Love It!!!

Log everything, even BLT's.
    Drink Lots of water.
    Portion control
    Stay away from FF places and if you go make the healthiest choices possible. Goes for regular restaurants too!
    Exercise. Even if it is a short walk. Try to increase it daily. Don't go all out and hurt yourself. (did that one and was laid up for a week)
    Add me as a friend if you would like. I'm around and about daily.
    Keep a good attitude and stay focused!