Heart rate monitor questions

Options
So today was the first time I used my Polar ft60 hrm. It's telling my that my average heart rate was 175 and max was 204(!!!). It also says I burned 612 calories in 49:48 minutes. Does this seem right? The calories burned seems awfully high. I ran at 6-7mph. I also feel like my heart rate was pretty high?

Replies

• DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'd check and make sure the settings are correct on your weight and such and also make sure the strap is in the right spot and tight enough. I have issues with mine going wonky and I think it has something to do with it getting twisted while I work out. Either that or it doesn't like me... one of those two.
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I doubt checked everything and it seems to be accurate. I used the fitness test on the watch to figure out my vo2max so it should be even more accurate...
  • spideywebb77
    spideywebb77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The calories seemed high.... But if i understand you correctly you ran almost 6 miles in that timeframe? I would say this is pretty correct. To give a comparison if I were to spend 40 minutes on the treadmill for only 2.5-3 miles my heartrate monitor would tell me 380+ calories. Of course I am still over 100+ lbs overweight so I think i still get good calorie burn for my minimal effort right now. =) ( I have an FT70 if i remember correctly)