Questions about carbs

Options
Hi all! I've been logging my food on MFP for the past week and I noticed that I almost always exceed the 'carb goal'. MFP has set a 1200 cal goal for me, and I'm quite short (5"1) so I thought I'd follow it. I was wondering whether MFP's carb/fat/protein breakdown is a good one to follow.

My main carbs every day include: 1 or 2 slices of wholemeal bread, a bowl of noodles, 3/4 bowl of rice, a fruit (orange/banana/apple).

That doesn't sound like a lot so I'm wondering whether I should follow MFP's recommendation and cut carbs? But carbs are usually the only thing that gets me full, and sometimes I get cold sweats if I don't have enough.

1. Should I follow MFP's carb goal?
2. If yes, what should I eat to prevent low blood sugar and to make myself full for hours on?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• Deb23455
    Deb23455 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Remember there are better carbs like your whole grain-not sure if that equates to whole meal, whole grain rices, not refined, and of course fruits and veggies. Whole grains....hopefully you like them!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Remember there are better carbs like your whole grain-not sure if that equates to whole meal, whole grain rices, not refined, and of course fruits and veggies. Whole grains....hopefully you like them!

no.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been logging my food on MFP for the past week and I noticed that I almost always exceed the 'carb goal'. MFP has set a 1200 cal goal for me, and I'm quite short (5"1) so I thought I'd follow it. I was wondering whether MFP's carb/fat/protein breakdown is a good one to follow.

My main carbs every day include: 1 or 2 slices of wholemeal bread, a bowl of noodles, 3/4 bowl of rice, a fruit (orange/banana/apple).

That doesn't sound like a lot so I'm wondering whether I should follow MFP's recommendation and cut carbs? But carbs are usually the only thing that gets me full, and sometimes I get cold sweats if I don't have enough.

1. Should I follow MFP's carb goal?
    2. If yes, what should I eat to prevent low blood sugar and to make myself full for hours on?

Thanks so much!

If it's set at 1200cals/day, thats the minimum!! Also, the macros can be adjusted for your carbs/protein/fat as well. If you're exercising with it, the extra carbs will be beneficial.
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options

no.

Why not? Aren't whole grains better than white rice and white bread?
  • crys_aintgivingup
    Options
    Thanks for your replies above!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

no.

Better or worse is debatable. They can be useful if you are having a hard time hitting your fiber goal.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

no.

Better or worse is debatable. They can be useful if you are having a hard time hitting your fiber goal.

This is pretty much the only difference.
  • crys_aintgivingup
    Options
    I see! Thanks very much! :)
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options

You can get just as fat/unhealthy eating endless amounts of whole grain rice as you would white bread and sugar jelly. Don't get it twisted.