Best Ways to suppress hunger?

Options
I am trying to cut back on my boredom snacking.. I know water helps and green tea, too. Anything that helps you guys when cravings strike?

Replies

• ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I craft. As long as I'm doing something with my hands, I don't snack. Picked up the habit when I quit smoking (the first time....) and it's never failed to drag my mind off "I'm bored... let's eat".
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm an art student and most of the work i do is with my hands and I'm fully busy. BUT I still feel the need to snack while I work :/
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks and/or Scan Bran. I soon get bored and do something else ;)
  • tinygirldancing
    tinygirldancing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Probably not the healthiest way, but I would be on the struggle bus without my afternoon diet-pop (usually dr. pepper or coke). I like it because it has caffeine for my afternoon classes (don't drink coffee) and the bubbles keep me from feeling too hungry
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't drink soda (gives me hiccups lol)
  • rmck24
    rmck24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I chew gum. The good stuff...Dubble Bubble! ;) It really helps when I feel the need to munch. It has some calories, but nothing compared to chips or chocolate!
  • TehBuggers
    TehBuggers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've tried chewing gum too, it worked pretty good for me.

Another thing I do is: Eat! I'll bring a head of lettuce and when I start getting "bored hungry" I nibble away at it. Anything with few calories works. Or when it's worse I make some rice and pick away at it.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2-3 hrs so I don't ever really get hungry unless I'm crazy hormonal - in which case I eat string cheese or some nuts with water.
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Water is great for filling you up! When i was hungry as i kid, mom always said "Drink water it will fill you up." but i of course just ignored her. Today i bought Lipton mango pineapple packets(10 calories per packet) that you pour into a water bottle or stir in a glass. I had a tall glass of water(about 2-3 cups) with it mixed in at about 4-5 pm and i'm still not hungry( although i did have 2 cookies and 4 baby carrots at 8). I going to need to buy more soon because it really helps you get your 8 cups a day in.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Cravings and hunger aren't the same thing.

True hunger is best remedied by eating until satisfied.

For cravings, if I don't feel like indulging, I ignore them until they eventually subside. And they will always eventually subside.