Jillians 30 day shred

Options
OK so I started the 30 day shred...doing about 3x a week...and whoa what a workout!

Anyone have any idea how many calories it burns? I am totally sweating and exhausted by the end of the level 1....

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I always entered it into Circuit training - I think it was close. I know I burned a ton of calories doing it too. Just be careful, knee and ankle injuries have occurred doing it. I injured my knee and had to stop. After losing about 40 lbs, though, I was able to do the entire 3 levels all at one time, one right after the other. It is an excellent workout.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Each person burns calories at a different rate, best to get a heart rate monitor.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is your best bet, but the circuit training on this website is usually pretty close to what my HRM says I burn, so use that if you don't have one.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm burning somewhere between 150-170 calories. I'm 5 ft 1 and weigh 131 lbs. It depends on how hard I work the program...moving to level 3 tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm burning somewhere between 150-170 calories. I'm 5 ft 1 and weigh 131 lbs. It depends on how hard I work the program...moving to level 3 tomorrow :bigsmile:

i liked level 3 better than level 2!! something for you to look forward to!!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Am too old and...too chicken ... to tackle that just yet.
  • simplycindy07
    simplycindy07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just got it back from a friend that borrowed it and plan on starting it tomorrow! I can't wait! I started it 2 years ago, did it for 2 weeks, then found out I was pregnant and the nausea and vomiting soon followed. I am now finally starting to make time for myself again. I am excited! :happy:
  • jasmines_mum
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am using the circuit training on this website until I can afford a decent heart rate monitor....

Gonna try level 2 tomorrow just for the heck of it!
  • simplycindy07
    simplycindy07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday and when I woke up, I was very sore. I went outside and did some shoveling, and now I feel GREAT! I'm actually looking forward to jumping into day 2 this afternoon!:happy: