Christmas vegetables

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
Hi all,

I need a fun and healthy veggie dish for Christmas. Wondering if you had any suggestions. I only really know how to roast and stir fry, because this is all I have tried. I am comfortable with trying anything but am not a veggie connoisseur like I should be.

Thanks for any ideas!

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You could make some yummy roasted potatoes. Just cut red or yukon gold potatoes into big bite sized pieces. Then put them in a large Ziplock bag with a little olive oil, some garlic powder, paprika, thyme and a little salt and pepper. Put them on a baking sheet in the oven at about 325 until they're soft when poked with a fork. About halfway through, turn them to make sure they don't stick.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, looking for a veggie to bring to Christmas dinner.
  • Kerryaj1
    Options
    Hi my name is Kerry,
    I have been doing this for about two weeks. I know you've had suggestions for roasted potatoes but I thought I'd chime in with my favorite roasted potato recipe, Lemon Oregano roasted potatoes. They are so good and very tasty. You can cut down the baking time by microwaving the potates first to precook them then continue with the recipe.
    You can find it here:

http://www.bisonbasics.com/recipes/vegetables/lemon_oregano_roasted_potatoes.html

Or you could do veggies and dip. They would go with anything being served.

Have a great Christmas!
  • becky2time
    Options
    Green Bean Cassarole

2 cans (14.5 oz each) Green Giant® French-style green beans, drained
    1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1/4 cup milk
    1 can (2.8 oz) French-fried onions

:smile:
    1.Heat oven to 350°F. In 1 1/2-quart casserole or glass baking dish, mix green beans, soup and milk.
    2.Bake 20 to 25 minutes, topping with onions during last 5 minutes of baking, until bubbly
  • becky2time
    Options
    "Healthified" Sweet Potato casserole

1 can (40 oz) sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup fat-free egg product
    1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Topping
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 tablespoon no-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread, melted
    1/3 cup chopped pecans

:smile:
    1.Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
    2.In large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Stir in granulated sugar, salt, egg product, milk and vanilla; spoon into casserole.
    3.In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients except pecans until well blended. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
    4.Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I want to try Bobby Flay's roasted Brussels Sprouts that he made on the Thanksgiving "Throwdown". They sound heavenly!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Try www.vegweb.com It's a vegetarian web site....but since it is a veg based site...there are tons upon tons of great recipes for veggies.