UGH! Red Robin

Options
sjohnny
sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
We went to Red Robin the other day and I had no idea that they would keep bringing you French fries. What is this about? It seems pretty irresponsible to provide so many carbs to someone. I asked if I could sub sweet potato fries so I wouldn't have as many carbs but they said they didn't have sweet potato fries and just kept bringing me white potato fries. All the starch and grease was just too much. I was afraid to log it. I have no idea how far over I was that day.

What do y'all do about this?

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    To be honest I rarely eat out anymore even if someone else is buying. It's just not worth the setbacks. Seems to take me forever to get back in a losing or maintaining mode after a bad day. I know that's more psychological than the fault of those horrible delicious bread baskets, that are my personal weakness, but it's how I am, and until I change, eating out pretty much had to go.

It's healthier and more sanitary to cook your own food anyway.
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Red Robin has bottomless fries with most of their meals. Last time we were there, the waitress asked if we wanted more fries. We just told her no. Just because its on the table doesn't mean you have to eat it.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Red Robin has bottomless fries with most of their meals. Last time we were there, the waitress asked if we wanted more fries. We just told her no. Just because its on the table doesn't mean you have to eat it.

Seems kind of wasteful just to have them throw it away.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options
    Can't you just tell them you dont want any more and then they will stop brining them out to you?

Havent come across anywhere in Australia that does bottomless fries - but some places do bottomless soft drinks - when you dont want any more you just stop getting any more.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    A tear just escaped my eye. I'm sorry you had to endure that. :cry:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    How about some poutine with bacon?

Bacon-Poutine-300x200.jpg
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You can choose to sub broccoli for fries at Red Robin. That's what I do when I go there making it one of the few low calorie choices for meals out. And if you choose to have fries, just enjoy them.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I usually get something from their menu that doesn't include the fries. Although I like the idea of subbing broccoli.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Can't you just tell them you dont want any more and then they will stop brining them out to you?

Havent come across anywhere in Australia that does bottomless fries - but some places do bottomless soft drinks - when you dont want any more you just stop getting any more.

I didn't think to ask. And she didn't ask if we wanted more. She just kept bringing them.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    How about some poutine with bacon?

Bacon-Poutine-300x200.jpg

That would have been better I guess. At least the bacon would have slowed down the carbs.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I can stuff down food with the best of them, and I've never been hungry enough to even consider a 2nd basket of fries at Red Robin.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You can choose to sub broccoli for fries at Red Robin. That's what I do when I go there making it one of the few low calorie choices for meals out. And if you choose to have fries, just enjoy them.

But is it endless broccoli? If it's only one serving, it doesn't really seem to be worth the same value as the endless fries. I mean, you have to be a responsible consumer after all.
  • sjohnny
    Options

But is it endless broccoli? If it's only one serving, it doesn't really seem to be worth the same value as the endless fries. I mean, you have to be a responsible consumer after all.

Good point.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You can get a fruit cup instead. or tell them no thank you, you don't want more fries.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    You can get a fruit cup instead. or tell them no thank you, you don't want more fries.

Fruit cup? Too much sugar.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Just because they brought them out doesn't mean you have to eat them.

Also, it's a calorie issue, not a carb issue.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nice trolling.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    No offense, but couldn't you just NOT eat them? or tell them you don't want any more fries?

Red Robin advertises bottomless fries. People that eat there know that walking in there because it is readily seen on the menus and in advertisements.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Seems you rather have the fries... so eat them. Feel free to stop when self control kicks in... or you can tell them when they bring the first batch, that you don't want them to bring more after-- that way there is no waste.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Lol is this a joke?

After they bring you more fries once, just tell them you don't need any more after that. It's not like they're going to throw away ten pounds of fries in the back room because one customer didn't want more. They'll go to someone else.

If you don't want to waste the extra fries that were already brought to you, ask for a takeout box and save them to eat later. Or feed them to the birds. Or build a french fry castle.

I'm confuzzled as to why this is a problem...