what do you do when you want to eat something bad??

Options
2»

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    As long as a good portion of my diet is balanced and I'm hitting my macros. I totally hit that stuff! ;) I've had ice cream or something similar every single day since I started being conscious of my intake and will continue to do so. I think it's important to incorporate things you enjoy into your diet. No sense in torturing yourself :flowerforyou:
  • cnhamilton12
    cnhamilton12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat it. Even if I plan for it or not. As long as it doesn't become a habit then I don't see it hurting anything.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I eat it if its bugging me that bad. But I dont make the mistake of doing it for several days.. just that one.

i was driving home sunday and it was a nice sunny warm day (finally). I had a great afternoon, and I felt like celibrating all the sunshine and the good day. so i passed by dunkin donuts where they have the best donuts.. and some Dairy Queens. i really wanted it but thought, no thats just going back to old habits. but every few miles, either one would be popping up.. so my hunger for a donut or ice cream was calling me!

so i said, I will stop if i see another Dairy Queen and voila,, i did, and I enjoyed a hot fudge sundae. it was the best sundae i evah ate! and I ate it and enjoyed it, and then got back to driving home and I dont crave it.. but i really enjoyed it. I dont know, i guess i could have gone passed it, but i ate it and enjoyed it and i didn't gain any weight.

so sometimes i give in, and no harm to gaining weight because in the big picture, all week, that one ice cream was just fine.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Make room in your calories for it. There's no such thing as 'bad' food.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I meditate first before to get rid of all of the nasty demons.

Or sometimes I just eat it. Job done.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    skinnybythanksgiving Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lol, sorry, I don't eat that. Wish I could give you the answer you want. It's a binge food for me and make me physically ill to boot. But maybe you can enjoy a serving!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You need to include treats into your diet. This will only work if it's a sustainable lifestyle change that includes all the foods you love. Everything should be in moderation! As long as you're not going over your calories, you'll lose weight.

Also, you may be able to find lower-calorie and more nutritious alternatives to things you love which you can enjoy on a more regular basis.