How to enter exercise

Options
I'm very new to this and can't figure out how to enter exercise. I'm doing the 30 day shred. How would I enter this to see how many calories I am burning?

Replies

• LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey good on you, I'm doing 30DS too :) It's great. I list it as 'circuit training'; but be careful as the calorie-burn amount that MFP gives you can be overly generous. I use a heart rate monitor to get a more accurate idea.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If you're logged on to the full site, there is a tab at the top called "exercise". Go there. If you're on the app, you enter it through your diary under "cadiovascular".
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM one time and estimate 250 each time using that. It depends on how hard you work and your weight etc. If you don't have a HRM, you can try using the below website's formula.

http://fitnowtraining.com/2012/01/formula-for-calories-burned/

Be wary of overestimation - it is difficult to get an accurate number since it is half cardio and half strength training.
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS and a bit of cardio, and logging everything I eat -- the MFP numbers seem right to me as I'm losing at exactly the target rate! I enter 30DS as "Circuit Training, General" for 20 minutes (ignoring the warm-up & cool-down).
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quick replies. I just went with "circuit training, general". It put the calories burned at 181. Ugh! I feel like I burned a million, lol.